MFG Deli Manager
POSITION: MFG Deli Manager
DEPARTMENT: REPORTS TO: Sr Manager MFG
The Deli Department Manager is responsible for Overseeing and managing the day to day operations of a large scale Deli production facility on a 7 day operation ensuring the highest level quality of product and service provided by our associates, while supporting the policies, goal, and objectives of the company.
- Directs, coordinates and manages all aspects of a daily production operation in food safety, quality control as well as packaging and resolves problems within span of control to the standards set by the company.
- Drive productivity completion rates and actions to successful conclusion on a daily/weekly basis.
- Manage daily staff schedule in accordance to budget and/or business needs by utilizing the staffing model designed by department (where necessary).
- Resolve employee grievances and concerns and will partner with HR on high level investigations.
- Identify, interview and train talent for the department including but not limited to coaching, training, scheduling, disciplinary functions and execute matrixes and standards of continued excellence.
- Ensure follow through and compliance with: Food Safety, GMP’s, HACCP, Safety Compliance and FD’s policies.
- Guide, Direct and Motivate staff around performance management and labor planning.
- Be a change agent by: Working with team on identifying areas of improvement, implementing new processes and documenting them accordingly with the partnership of Sr. Mgmt.
- Oversee usage and handling of all equipment and machinery used in the department; including safety, driving PM’s and report all issues immediately.
- Support and participate various company projects, initiatives and programs as needed.
- ____Receives clear, detailed, and specific instructions and consults with Team Leader on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities
- ____Receives general instructions on what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines, and priority of assignments from Team Leader. Uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments independently without specific instruction but receives additional specific instructions from Team Leader for new, difficult, or special projects/assignments
- ____Plans and carries out work assignments and handles problems in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices in the occupation. Consults with Team Leader on unique situations which do not have clear precedents
- _X__Plans and carries out work assignments; resolves most conflicts which arise; coordinates work with others as necessary; interprets policy on own initiative in terms of established objectives. Keeps Team Leader informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications
- ____Plans, designs, and carries out programs, projects, studies, or other work independently. Receives little or no supervision from Team Leader
- ____No supervisory responsibility
- ____No supervisory responsibility but is responsible for managing a specific function
- ____ Trains and assigns work to Team members on an occasional basis; performs the same work as the group on a regular basis
- ____Trains, assigns work to, and checks work of one (1) Team member; does not conduct the same work as that Team member on a regular basis
- _X__Trains, assigns work to, and checks work of two (2) or more Team members; participates in the decision to hire, fire, and promote Team members; does not conduct the same work as Team members on a regular basis
Team Leader Responsibility:
Manage multiple Supervisors & Team Leads.
Oversee approx. 30-40 employees.
Manage all aspects of daily/weekly operation in preparation and execution, deli slicing and packaging.
Constant and consistent process improvement.
Ownership of quality control, productivity, workflow, process improvements and drives actions to
Review performance data, goal achievement and guide appropriate actions and projects.
Monitor and drive KPI’s
Performs all duties in accordance with personnel and company policies, safety policies and procedures, HACCP, GMP and SSOP’s.
Maintain clean, safe and organized work environment.
- High School diploma/ and or equivalent and demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous work experience and education
- 5 plus years of deli production in a managerial position required
- Previous deli production/slicing or manufacturing experience
- English Required Bilingual preferred in English and Spanish.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong Quality Control and Process Skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Knowledge of production systems software and ability to learn tasks related to work in SAP.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to lead, train and develop a team.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with staff, peers and senior management.
- Ability delegate/execute precise instructions and follow-up with cross-departmental communications.
- Knowledge of deli products and slicing methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Knowledge of deli production processes, materials and production equipment.
- Principles and procedures of interviewing, selection and training techniques.
- Active Learning, Listening Skills and Critical Thinking Skills to find effective solutions for problems that arise.
- Ability to manage, motivate and lead during periods of change and disruption.
- Ability to counsel and discipline in a positive ‘change behavior” atmosphere.
- Deli product & production knowledge, sanitation, GMP’s, food safety knowledge and HACCP a plus.
- USDA food manufacturing experience a plus.
- Able to work a flexible schedule/ Cover various shifts.
- Work in a cold environment.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS, Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top