Merchandising Intern - FoodKick
This is an outstanding opportunity to be an integral part of FreshDirect’s rapidly expanding business. The Merchandising Analyst Intern for FoodKick will work on multiple aspects:demand planning, supply chain and merchandising. The role will be responsible for maintaining, organizing and operating forecasting activities associated with customers and products across the business. A creative problem solver with solid analytical skills and an appreciation for attention to detail will be an excellent asset to our team.
- Pull weekly forecasting inputs and adjust forecasts in response to variations in demand.
- Propose refinements to forecast model and provide insights regarding the forecast accuracy.
- Partner with buyers to gather forecast requirements and refine model output.
- Partner with merchandising to understand promotional impacts.
- Assist the Merchandising Analyst with gathering reporting requirements and designing and optimizing ad-hoc and regular reports using SAP Business Objects.
- Monitor scrap, OOS and sales against forecast to capture the outliers or regular forecast errors on SKU level and new trend in sales mix.
- Receives general instructions on what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines, and priority of assignments.
- Plans and carries out work assignments; coordinates work with others as necessary.
- Plans, designs and carries out projects, studies, or other work independently. Receives moderate supervision.
- BA/BS in Business, Operations Research, Computer Science, Statistics or related field
- Experience in a work environment that extensively utilized MS Excel to model and track financial and/or operational performance
- Experience with relational databases, SAS enterprise guide, SAP Business objects or Access is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making and presentation skills
- Ability to interpret complex data from multiple sources and then to summarize and communicate this information to multiple internal customers
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and orally, with colleagues at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Access, and Word
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS, Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top