Meat Associate – Picker / Packer
A little bit about FreshDirect:
FreshDirect launched in New York City in 2002, and has become an industry leader in food, tech, and ecommerce innovation. From New York to Philly, our commitment to sourcing the best in fresh and grocery through our direct relationships with farmers, suppliers, artisans, and vendors all over the world has always set us apart. With an in-house team of chefs, bakers, and experts, we live and breathe food, creating and producing a variety of freshly made meals, kits, and baked goods you can’t find anywhere else.
Our FreshDirect “At the Office” team specializes in delivering a high-quality assortment to corporate offices and schools. And in 2015, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, a mobile-first food business that supplies the instant-gratification urban crowd with the freshest, tastiest finds in food, alcohol, and home essentials—all delivered in an hour.
Here's what we're looking for in a Meat Associate Picker/Packer:
FreshDirect is currently seeking a Meat Associate Picker/Packer in the New York City area. The Meat Associate is responsible for picking and packing of the product for customer orders in the meat department. The ideal candidate should have experience within a perishable, food or provisional items.
You relish the idea of:
- Processing (Slicing packing + labeling)
- QA raw and finished materials
- Safe Food Practices specific to department
- Picking food products and packing in boats, totes and boxes
- Scanning labels on packages, loading packaging machines with boats, and labeling packages with printed labels
- Spotting check packages emerging from machinery for correct labeling
- Assisting in shut down procedures
- Receives clear, detailed, and specific instructions and consults with Teamleader on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities
Here's what you need:
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Must be able to start overnight or early morning hours
- Comfortable and able to work a 8-12 hour shift (hours per day are based on business need)
- Experience in a related field is a plus
- Must be required to lift a minimum of 40lbs
How you'll stand out in the crowd:
- Ability to apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to the nuances of everyday operation
- Ability to clearly communicate in English. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Ability to work in climate of 20-38 degrees
- Ability to perform twisting, turning and bending
- Able to stand for long period of times
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine—lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan.
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market).
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours.
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages.
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine.”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway.
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus.
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top