Inbound Associate Level 1
A Little Bit About Fresh Direct:
FreshDirect launched in New York City in 2002, and has become an industry leader in food, tech, and eCommerce innovation. From New York to Philly, our commitment to sourcing the best in fresh and grocery through our direct relationships with farmers, suppliers, artisans, and vendors all over the world has always set us apart. With an in-house team of chefs, bakers, and experts, we live and breathe food, creating and producing a variety of freshly made meals, kits, and baked goods you can’t find anywhere else.
Our FreshDirect “At the Office” team specializes in delivering a high-quality assortment to corporate offices and schools. And in 2015, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, a mobile-first food business that supplies the instant-gratification urban crowd with the freshest, tastiest finds in food, alcohol, and home essentials—all delivered in an hour.
Here’s what we’re looking for in an Inbound Associate (Level 1):Fresh Direct is currently seeking an Inbound Associate (Level 1) in the New York area. The Inbound Associate Level 1 is responsible for picking and packing of product for customer orders in the Receiving department. This position provide consistent, accurate handling and recording of products received into the warehouse.
You relish the idea of:
- Processing all inbound deliveries quickly and accurately, using computers, RF Scanning Guns, and motorized equipment to complete all required transactions
- Scanning labels on packages, load packaging machines with boats, and label packages with printed labels
- Spotting labels on packages, load packaging machines with boats, and label packages with printed labels
- Applying knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to the nuances of everyday operation
- Assisting in shut down procedures and special requirements
- Must be able to pass motorized equipment certification within 1 month of starting work on dock
- Receives clear, detailed, and specific instructions and consults with Teamleader on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities
- No supervisory responsibility
Here's what you need:
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Must be able to start overnight or early morning hours (start times vary by department)
- Able to stand for long period of times
- Ability to work in climate of 32 to 38 degrees
- Ability to perform twisting, turning and bending
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Comfortable and able to work a 8-12 hrs shift (hours per day are based on business need)
- Must be able to pass a post-offer hearing test
- Must be able to pass an annual post offer hearing test
- Machinery Experience a must (i.e. Forklift; Cherry Picker; Hi-lo's; etc.)
- Must be able to speak English
- Must be comfortable with basic math skills
- Ability to apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to the nuances of everyday operation
How you'll stand out in the crowd:
- Experience in a related field a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine—lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan.
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market).
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours.
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages.
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine.”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway.
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus.
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Category Merchant
Courtnie uses sales and consumer data insights to bring new FreshDirect products to the company and its consumers, determining details from pricing and placement to promotional strategy.
Back to top