Fresh / Perishables Team Leader
Position Summary: The Fresh Team Lead is responsible for overseeing the day to day activities of the site / shift, ensuring the highest level quality of service provided by our associates, while supporting the policies, goal, and objectives and following company safety standards.
- Manage day to day tactical operations for area of responsibility
- Oversee, delegate to and direct a growing staff and move people and resources as necessary to meet the needs of the business as business grows.
- Guide, direct and motivate shift staff on quality, performance and safety targets to ensure ongoing performance, including employee issues, discipline and conflict resolution.
- Aid leadership in troubleshooting problems
- Support ad participate in various company projects, initiatives and programs as needed including holding and participating in daily huddles and other communication programs
- Demonstrate operational principles
- Report all employee issues and accidents to management
- Assist and participate in productivity / setting up production and staff scheduled in accordance to budget and / or business needs and ensure all breaks and lunches are taken as required.
- Supervise & coordinate order fulfillment, processing and production requirements in shift and resolve problems within span of control to the standards set by the company
- Identify means of improvements, suggest processes and their controls & documentation
- Creates reports and reports daily recaps
- Assist leadership with order fulfillment issues that are operations related
- Facilitate and monitor department setup and site opening and closing procedures
- Inspect and ensure follow through and compliance with: Food Safety, General Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs), Safety & Sanitation compliance and FoodKick Quality policies; as well as ensure that the work area is safe, clean and organized for all team members to work.
- Oversee usage and handling of all equipment used in department including safety, PM’s and report all issues immediately
- Understand and work through customer complaints
- Receives clear, detailed and specific instructions and consults with the Fresh Manager on all matters outside the scope of the daily responsibilities / activities
- Interacts with key business owners in support of business objectives
- Trains and assigns work to team members on a daily basis; is able to perform the same work as the group on a daily basis
- Interacts with the Fresh Supervisor and Manager
- Keeps leader informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications
- Interacts with pickers
- Checks work of team members; does not conduct the same work as team members on a regular basis
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and / or Holidays and be able to keep a flexible schedule during high volume production periods
- 6 months’ experience in a leadership position
- High School diploma/ and or equivalent
- Ability to work in a cold environment
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Experience in food, perishables, consumables and / or short shelf life items
- Write, read and interpret written information in English
- Basic math skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work in support of a team
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Follow policies and procedures
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to perform twisting, turning and bending
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40lbs
- Comfortable and able to work overtime based on business needs
- Must be comfortable on a warehouse / production environment
- Ability to meet production and accuracy standards in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to work in a climate from 32 to 38 degrees
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS, Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top