A little bit about FreshDirect:
FreshDirect launched in New York City in 2002, and has become an industry leader in food, tech, and ecommerce innovation. From New York to Philly, our commitment to sourcing the best in fresh and grocery through our direct relationships with farmers, suppliers, artisans, and vendors all over the world has always set us apart. With an in-house team of chefs, bakers, and experts, we live and breathe food, creating and producing a variety of freshly made meals, kits, and baked goods you can’t find anywhere else.
Our FreshDirect “At the Office” team specializes in delivering a high-quality assortment to corporate offices and schools. And in 2015, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, a mobile-first food business that supplies the instant-gratification urban crowd with the freshest, tastiest finds in food, alcohol, and home essentials—all delivered in an hour.
Here's what we're looking for in a Freezer Associate:
FreshDirect is currently seeking a Freezer Associate in the New York City area. The Freezer Associate is responsible for picking and packing of frozen product for customer orders in the Freezer department.
You relish the idea of:
- Quality assurance of frozen and finished materials
- Safe Food Practices specific to department
- Pick food products and pack in totes
- Scan labels on packages, load packaging machines with boats, and label packages with printed labels
- Apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to everyday operation
- Assist in housekeeping of the department
- Receives clear, detailed, and specific instructions and consults with Teamleader on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities
Here's what we need:
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Must be able to start overnight
- Comfortable and able to work a 8-12hr shift (hours per day are based on business need)
- Experience in a related field a plus
- Must be required to lift a minimum of 40lbs
- Must be able to pass a post-offer hearing test
- Must be able to pass an annual post offer hearing test
How you'll stand out in the crowd:
- Ability to apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to the nuances of everyday operation
- Ability to clearly communicate in English. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Able to stand for long period of times
- Ability to work in climate of 32 to -22 degrees
- Ability to perform twisting, turning and bending
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine—lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan.
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market).
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours.
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages.
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine.”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway.
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus.
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top