FD Associate – Picker / Packer
Recipe for Success – Fresh Direct is currently seeking a Picker/Packer in the New York City area. The associate is responsible for picking and packing of the product for customer orders in various departments.
Key ingredients –
- Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment of 38 degrees
- Must be able to work a shift of 8 – 12 hours a day
- Must be able to work both Saturday and Sunday
- Must be flexible to work an overnight/early morning shift
- Must be able to stand for majority of your shift
- Must be able to perform twisting, turning and bending
- Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) lbs.
- Must wear non-slip resistant shoes
- Ability to clearly communicate in English. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Strong Research and Analytical skills necessary
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
Launched in New York City in 2002, FreshDirect is a leading online fresh food grocer delivering farm-fresh foods and brand-name groceries directly to the doors of customers throughout five Northeastern U.S. states, including New York City and Philadelphia. We are committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers and farmers around the world, and its in-house team of chefs and bakers produce a wide selection of freshly-made meals, baked goods and more.
FreshDirect “At the Office” delivers the same high-quality food with expanded product offerings and services for corporate clients. In 2015, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, a mobile-first food business that connects consumers to the freshest, tastiest finds in food, drinks, and lifestyle essentials all delivered within an hour.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top