Ecommerce Content Specialist
Recipe for Success This entry level role assists the FreshDirect Ecommerce team with standards, technologies and practices for both business-to-business and business-to-consumer e-commerce models. The Ecommerce Content Specialist works in a Content Management System (CMS) and coordinates closely with SKU Creation, Merchandising, Marketing and Photography to manage product launches and storefront merchandising improvements in all channels – web, mobile and tablet.
- Works with SKU Creation department to create new products within our CMS.
- Works with Ecommerce and Merchandising Category Managers to create the most effective user experience with regard to product taxonomy placement, copy, metadata, and attribute tags within our CMS.
- Works with Ecommerce Managers in various CMS related tasks such as taxonomy overhauls, product and storefront maintenance, and updates to our homepage feeds in all channels.
- Works with Photography to upload product images prior to storefront publishes.
- Meets service level agreement (SLA) for all business requests.
- Identifies pain points in tools and processes and works with Ecommerce Managers to create scalable solutions.
- Regularly documents and reports the progress of project tasks and goals.
- Provides support to Ecommerce Managers as needed.
Key ingredients –
- BA/BS and up to 2 years (or equivalent experience) in ecommerce, merchandising, product information management and content management, or a related field.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with an ability to identify and eliminate inconsistencies.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge.
- Some knowledge of web analytics or business intelligence tools such as Google Analytics.
- Ability to edit copy, ideally using AP style.
- Demonstrated passion for the user experience in online merchandising.
- Persistent. Able to attentively focus on a problem until it's solved.
- Excellent written and verbal communication along with cross-functional teamwork skills.
- Desire to take on new projects and learn new tools, processes and functionality.
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top