Ecommerce Content Specialist
Recipe for Success This entry level role assists the FreshDirect Ecommerce team with standards, technologies and practices for both business-to-business and business-to-consumer e-commerce models. The Ecommerce Content Specialist works in a Content Management System (CMS) and coordinates closely with SKU Creation, Merchandising, Marketing and Photography to manage product launches and storefront merchandising improvements in all channels – web, mobile and tablet.
- Works with SKU Creation department to create new products within our CMS.
- Works with Ecommerce and Merchandising Category Managers to create the most effective user experience with regard to product taxonomy placement, copy, metadata, and attribute tags within our CMS.
- Works with Ecommerce Managers in various CMS related tasks such as taxonomy overhauls, daily product and storefront maintenance, and updates to our homepage feeds in all channels.
- Supports Ecommerce Manager in the creation of promotional pages, homepage modules, product archiving, and daily product QA.
- Supports Director of Web Production/Storefront Operations and Ecommerce Manager with onsite search optimization, including keyword research, assigning product level keywords in CMS, product boosting, query optimization, QA and reporting.
- Manage various storefront processes and ensure stakeholders are submitting deliverables prior to storefront publishes.
- Manage storefront holiday launches in coordination with Merchandising department.
- Assists Photography department by uploading product images for QA prior to storefront publishes.
- Opportunity to learn and work on SEO initiatives with Director of Web Production/Storefront Operations.
- Meets service level agreement (SLA) for all business requests.
- Identifies pain points in tools and processes and works with Ecommerce Managers to create scalable solutions.
- Regularly documents and reports the progress of project tasks and goals.
- Provides support to Ecommerce Managers as needed.
Key ingredients –
- BA/BS and up to 2 years (or equivalent experience) in ecommerce, merchandising, product information management or content management, or a related field.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with an ability to identify mistakes and eliminate inconsistencies.
- Ability to manage a large inbox and respond to requests in a timely fashion.
- Ability to edit product copy using AP style.
- Experience with content QA.
- Superb time management. Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated passion for the user and customer experience.
- Persistent. Able to attentively focus on a problem until it's solved.
- Excellent written and verbal communication along with cross-functional teamwork skills.
- Desire to take on new projects and learn new tools, processes and functionality.
- Must show a willingness to lead projects and push for deliverables from stakeholders.
- Basic HTML knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of web analytics or business intelligence tools such as Google Analytics is a plus.
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top