Director of Staffing - Operations
Recipe for Success FreshDirect is looking for a talented Director of Staffing to build and lead our recruiting function. We need an experienced hands on recruitment expert who is excited to roll up their sleeves to create and own the full life cycle of recruiting and implementing process and best practices for our associates in the Plant, Transportation Departments, and our FoodKick facilities. The Director of Staffing will report to the SVP of Human Resources and will be responsible for developing and executing a scalable talent acquisition strategy to ensure we hire individuals who align with our mission, values, and culture.
- Supervise, coach, and develop a team of Recruiters setting clear expectations and managing performance within the group
- Create a top notch candidate experience through transparency and speed
- Consistently evaluate tools and technology to increase recruitment efficacy and decrease cost
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need and maintain regular contact with future candidates
- Develop and maintain partnerships with internal leaders, vendors, community organizations, and other team members to create a relationship that yields success, predictable results and credibility
- Develop and successful improve outflow of productivity for each Recruiter
- Provide monthly performance metrics for the staffing function including numbers of hires, cost per hire and time to fill
- Organize team members to work together, offer new opinions and directions when approaching a challenging situation
Key ingredients –
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or related business studies
- Minimum 10 years experience recruiting high volume, hourly positions
- Experience in a fast paced Human Resources environment is preferred
- Working knowledge and industry knowledge related to assigned departments
- Strong knowledge of recruiting based tools, applicant tracking systems, and creative sourcing techniques
- Working knowledge of employment laws
- Knowledge of benefits and compensation structure and programs
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top