Director of Advanced Analytics
Recipe for Success: As a key partner to both Operations and Marketing, the Director of Advanced Analytics at FreshDirect owns the demand (order) forecasting innovation practice for the Company, elevates the Company’s approach to customer segmentation, and oversees key marketing performance measurement initiatives.
- Advance the demand forecasting methods at the Company; drive the annual order budget process, provide weekly geo and daypart-level analyses and any interim adjustments as needed
- Provide subject matter expertise on best practices/modeling techniques for high profile marketing effectiveness/ROI analyses; focus areas of customer LTV, segmentation and new business expansion
- Participate and lead seasonally-driven cross-functional analysis projects focused on prescribing improvements to operational (Transportation, Plant, and Marketing) strategies
- Partner with internal BI tech team to provide consultation on data strategy, evaluate opportunities for 3rd party tools and emerging data science capabilities
- Coach, inspire and mentor staff of analysts and data scientists
- Create deep partnerships with our key external 3rd party analytics resources and select academia
- Share team’s analytical insights across the organization\
- Confidently define analytics approach and strategy on ad hoc projects aligned with business partner needs
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Degree in statistics/math, quantitative analysis, finance, economics, or operations research a plus.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Seven to ten (7-10) years Advanced analytics, SAS and Business Objects expertise required
- Demand planning experience is ideal
- Strong knowledge of customer segmentation techniques and forecast models
- Consumer e-commerce, online travel analytics experience is super relevant
- Open, collaborative and team-oriented leadership style; able to work independently to drive results while building relationships throughout the business.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; ability to communicate results and influence at manager to senior management level
- Enjoys creating crisp, timely data storytelling
- Organized, fearless and can easily collaborate in fast-paced environment
- Excellent Excel skills (e.g. formulas, macros, pivot tables, etc.)
- Every day use of SAS (SAS Enterprise Guide and ForecastServer) / SPSS / SQL
- Hands-on knowledge of data analysis techniques, targeting, segmentation, predictive modeling, business and marketing metrics and customer profiling
- Technical knowledge regarding data models, database design is a plus
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top