Corporate Sales, Manager - New Accounts (B2B) DMV
Recipe for Success – We are looking for a driven B2B Sales Manager of New Accounts for the Washington DC Metro area to help us expand into new territories and ultimately establish new customer retention and revenue. This is a mostly inside telesales role to include various acquisition strategies utilizing mainly high volume phone calls & emails and will include pro-active prospecting, networking, and warm/cold lead development. This is an opportunity to be the inaugural sales person for the Washington DC
- Build and maintain a profitable sales pipeline utilizing a multi-channel approach
- Be responsible for systematic and well-timed outbound prospecting communications via phone calls & emails
- Acquire new customers using high volume phone & email, and limited qualified in-person meetings
- Meet and exceed achievable sales targets, outbound calls, and outreach metrics
- Develop and maintain outstanding working relationships with prospects and clients
- Ensure strategic and thorough follow-up on all opportunities through positive closure
- Work cross-functionally with all related department and FreshDirect at the Office involved teams
- Employ proactive and creative problem solving to all questions, issues, and opportunities
- Attend industry, association events, company and department meetings and trainings
- Develop new and innovative sales tactics, ideas and strategies
Key ingredients –
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience
- Five – Eight (5-8) years of business to business sales experience required
- Successful Business-to-Business (b2b) track record in the DMV
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word
- Must be detail orientated with optimal organizational skills; with a focus on teamwork, projects and follow-up
- High comfort level with cold calls and networking via phone, email
- Entrepreneurial and a self-starter
- Creative, resourceful, pro-active and innovative
- Exceptional writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Must possess leadership qualities, negotiation skills and be open minded with the ability to lead projects from concept to completion
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously creating and tracking progress in an ambiguous fast paced environment
- Above par follow-up and closing skills
- Experience acquiring business to business customers in NYC a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com or like CRM a plus
- Food / Office product sales experience, a plus
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
Launched in New York City in 2002, FreshDirect is a leading online fresh food grocer delivering farm-fresh foods and brand-name groceries directly to the doors of customers throughout five Northeastern U.S. states, including New York City and Philadelphia. We are committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers and farmers around the world, and its in-house team of chefs and bakers produce a wide selection of freshly-made meals, baked goods and more.
FreshDirect “At the Office” delivers the same high-quality food with expanded product offerings and services for corporate clients. In 2015, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, a mobile-first food business that connects consumers to the freshest, tastiest finds in food, drinks, and lifestyle essentials all delivered within an hour.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top