Cashier / Check Out Team Member - Brooklyn Facility- FoodKick
When all you have is a New York minute. When life happens (the good or bad, happy or sad!). When you want to make the most of the moment. FoodKick's got your back.
We deliver just what our customers need when they need it, like quick meal hacks, chilled wine, exclusive products from local partners and fresh fill-ins. And because we're powered by FreshDirect, our customers can trust our quality and convenience.
FoodKick is currently seeking cashier / check out team members for our Manhattan and Brooklyn facilities. This associate is responsible for checking out customer orders.
- Receives picked orders and ensures that all items are accounted for
- Packs the grocery items and other goods making sure that fragile items are protected
- Processing (picking + scanning + packing)
- Performs replenishment process
- Transfer finished products and raw material around the plant and warehouse
- Perform cycle counts
- Quality assurance of raw and finished materials
- Safe Food Practices specific to department
- Pick food products and pack in racks verifying items using UPC codes.
- Stack processed food products in totes and boxes.
- Scan labels on packages load totes and boxes and label packages with printed labels.
- Spot check packages emerging from machinery for correct labeling.
- Assist in shut down procedures.
- Assist in housekeeping of the department
- Operate equipment during order picking process
- Move throughout the Fulfillment Center for the majority of the shift
- Ensure that the cart is scanned into computer system at the end of the picking process
- Maintain excellent safety, quality, cleanliness, and productivity standards within the distribution warehouse
- Breakdown and stock production shelves
- Pack products for customers for delivery
- Receives clear, detailed, and specific instructions and consults with Operations Manager and Team Leader on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Must be able to start overnight or early morning hours (start times vary by department)
- Must be comfortable in warehouse/production environment
- Experience as a cashier at a Grocery Store is a plus
- Ability to meet production and accuracy standards in a fast-paced work environment.
- Basic reading and math skills
- Detail Oriented
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to the nuances of everyday operation
- Ability to clearly communicate in English. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Able to stand and walk for long period of times
- Ability to push, pull, squat, twist, kneel, reach, turn and bend
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40lbs intermittently during a typical work shift
- Comfortable and able to work a 8-12hr shift (hours per day are based on business need)
- Must be able to stand for majority of your shift
- Observance to established safety guidelines in conducting physical work activity duties
- Ability to work in climate from 32 to 38 degrees
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS, FD, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top