Cashier / Check Out - Part-time - FoodKick - Brooklyn Facility
FoodKick is currently seeking a P/T Cashier / Check-Out team members for our Brooklyn facilities. This associate is responsible for checking out customer orders.
- Receives picked orders and ensure that all items are accounted for
- Packs the grocery items and other goods making sure that fragile items are protected
- Processing (picking + scanning + packing)
- Performs replenishment process
- Transfer finished products and raw material around the plant and warehouse
- Perform cycle counts
- Quality assurance of raw and finished materials
- Safe Food Practices specific to department
- Pick food products and pack in racks verifying items using UPC codes.
- Stack processed food products in totes and boxes.
- Scan labels on packages load totes and boxes and label packages with printed labels.
- Spot check packages emerging from machinery for correct labeling.
- Assist in shut down procedures.
- Assist in housekeeping of the department
- Operate equipment during order picking process
- Move throughout the Fulfillment Center for the majority of the shift
- Ensure that the cart is scanned into computer system at the end of the picking process
- Maintain excellent safety, quality, cleanliness, and productivity standards within the distribution warehouse
- Breakdown and stock production shelves
- Pack products for customers for delivery
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Must be able to start overnight or early morning hours (start times vary by department)
- Must be comfortable in warehouse/production environment
- Experience as a cashier at a Grocery Store is a plus
- Ability to meet production and accuracy standards in a fast-paced work environment.
- Basic reading and math skills
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to the nuances of everyday operation
- Ability to clearly communicate in English. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Able to stand and walk for long period of times
- Ability to push, pull, squat, twist, kneel, reach, turn and bend
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40lbs intermittently during a typical work shift
- Comfortable and able to work an 8-12hr shift (hours per day are based on business need)
- Must be able to stand for majority of your shift
- Observance of established safety guidelines in conducting physical work activity duties
- Ability to work in climate from 32 to 38 degrees
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
- Daily lunch and healthy snacks provided
- Flexible PTO
- 20% discount on FoodKick and FreshDirect
- Employee at-cost food store (in LIC)
- Monthly birthday celebrations and other holiday events…with food, of course
- Generous employee referral bonus
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top