Brand Copy Manager (Consultant)
Recipe for Success The Brand Copy Manager (Consultant) will report to the Senior Brand Copy Manager and will be responsible for writing copy to support FreshDirect’s integrated marketing and content strategy. The candidate must consistently represent the company’s tone and drive appropriate response in each marketing channel.
The Brand Copy Manager (Consultant) must be able to work across platforms and demonstrate the ability to develop and write copy and drive results in the following areas:
- Email copy and subject lines (residential and corporate sales)
- Homepage and mobile banners
- Collaborate with Social Media Manager on blog strategy, content, and recipes
- Ad language across site, mobile, and tablet
- Site messaging (OAS/emergency)
- Contribute to any copy needs for in-box materials, such as brochures and shopper marketing box inserts
- Fresh assortment and private brand product descriptions and naming
- Working with Store team on SEO and metadata needs
- Write and execute producer stories with potential to collaborate on producer videos
- Collaborate with shopper marketing on copy needs for sponsors
Key ingredients –
- Superb copywriting skills with strong attention to detail; skilled at copy editing, grammar, and spelling.
- Demonstrated knowledge of creating marketing copy in digital and traditional marketing channels.
- Experience with testing copy, subject lines, email copy, and headlines and the ability to act on findings.
- Ideate franchises and content based on integrated marketing calendar.
- Ability to work across departments and agencies and collaborate with all stakeholders to deliver a unified brand voice.
- Help manage editorial freelancers; disseminate returned work to proper departments.
- A strong understanding of and interest in social media channels and ability to work with Social Media Manager to create a content calendar to maximize content created.
- Ability to think strategically and work efficiently under tight deadlines and with multiple teams.
- Bachelor’s degree (English, journalism, communications, marketing or related field), or related work experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in marketing copywriting, at least 3 of which have been in online marketing.
- Ability to work well within a team; detail-oriented, self-disciplined, and self-motivated.
- Experience working with Wordpress and SEO.
- Results oriented with the ability to take feedback and revise copy in a timely manner.
- Must possess strong organization and prioritization skills with a proven ability to multi-task and manage complexity.
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top