Bakery & Pastry Manager
- Direct, Coordinate and manage order fulfillment, processing, development and production requirements and resolve problems within span of control to the standards set by the company
- Manage staff schedule in accordance to budget and/or business needs.
- Resolve employee grievances and concerns and partner with HR on high level investigations
- Identify and train talent for the department including coaching, training and develop matrixes and standards of continued excellence
- Ensure follow through and compliance with: Food Safety, Safety Compliance and FD’s policies around quality
- Guide, Direct and Motivate staff around performance management and labor planning
- Be a change agent by: Identifying areas of improvement, Implementing new processes and documenting them accordingly with the partnership of Sr. Mgmt
- Oversee usage and handling of all equipment and machinery used in the department; including safety, PM’s and report all issues immediately
- Support and participate various company projects, initiatives and programs as needed
Plans and carries out work assignments; resolves most conflicts which arise; coordinates work with others as necessary; interprets policy on own initiative in terms of established objectives. Keeps Director informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications
Trains, assigns work to, and checks work of two (2) or more Team members; participates in the decision to hire, fire, and promote Team members; does not conduct the same work as Team members on a regular basis
Team leader Responsibility:
Head Baker, Department Supervisors
Pastry/Culinary Degree in related discipline with specialized leadership training and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience and education
Five plus (5+) years’ experience in a supervisory position
7+ years of relevant Work Experience in Pastry and Bakery Field
English Required Bilingual preferred in English and Spanish.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Proven ability to lead, train and develop a team in a effective and respectful manner
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
Effective time management and prioritization skills
Strong communication skills both written and oral
Knowledge of department production processes, materials and production techniques
Principles and procedures of personnel Recruiting, Selection and Training
Active Learning, Listening Skills and Critical Thinking Skills to find effective solutions for any problems that arise
Ability to manage, motivate and lead during periods of change and disruption
Ability to counsel and discipline in a positive ‘change behavior” atmosphere
Food production, sanitation and food safety knowledge, HACCP
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS, Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top