Assistant Site Manager - FoodKick
• Manage P&L (budgets, cost, shrink) and all processes and execution to achieve budgetary goals.
• Ensure follow through and compliance with: Food Safety, Safety Compliance and FoodKick quality policies (scrap, waste, QC, etc.)
• Oversee usage and handling of all equipment and machinery used in the department, including safety (GMP), PM’s and report all issues immediately.
• Direct, coordinate and manage inbound receivables, inventory replenishment and order fulfillment.
• Identify, and help implement, changes related to process improvement opportunities by developing a deep understanding of grocery, receiving, replenishment and operating environment; document changes with the partnership of Senior Management.
• Resolve problems within span of control according to the standards set by the company.
• Direct assigned sanitation personnel and utilize all personnel in maintaining housekeeping and cleanliness of facility to the highest standards.
• Plans and carries out work assignments; resolves most conflicts which arise; coordinates work with others as necessary; interprets policy on own initiative in terms of established objectives.
• Plans, designs, and carries out programs, projects, studies, or other work independently.
• BA/BS in Management, Logistics, Engineering or a related field preferred
• Eight – Ten (8 – 10) years’ experience
• Five (5) years in a people management role with increasing responsibilities
• Prior work experience in a Food Distribution, Grocery Warehouse / Supermarket or Commissary
• Previous exposure to, and demonstrated success in, a high-growth business environment
• Able to work a flexible schedule that may include nights and or weekends
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with warehouse or retail management systems, labor management systems, and enterprise resource planning systems (ie SAP, Kronos, JE Edwards, etc.)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Familiarity with GMP, OSHA, EH&S, FDA protocols and policies
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to lead, manage, and motivate periods of change and disruption
• Effective time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to counsel and discipline in a positive manner
• Must communicate clearly and concisely (both written and orally) with colleagues at all levels
• Active learning, listening and critical thinking skills to find effective solutions
• Ability to foster a culture of continuous improvement
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS, FDX, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top