Account Development Associate, B2B
Recipe for Success – Account Development Associate, B2B will be responsible for direct selling and concierge interactions with current active and inactive B2B customers via phone and email. This position will support FreshDirect At The Office, which is a high focus priority within the FreshDirect umbrella.
- Engage in high volume inbound and outbound calls, using optimal communication methods and talk points to always meet and exceed customer and personal objectives
- Make calls to current customers under various programs to increase order frequency and order size
- Introduce and drive usage of new programs and tools
- Provide support for Corporate Account Manager as needed
- Be the voice of the customer to internal partners by escalating recurring and high impact issues or opportunities for improvement
- Handle Customer Service escalations; distribute and/or handle all inbound escalations from our external customer service provider regarding issues with orders
- Follow-up with the Sales and Operations Center; find resolutions and provid closure of all in-day customer issues along with follow-up to ensure satisfaction of prior day issues
Key ingredients –
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience
- Minimum two (2) years of Customer Service Experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and customer care skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word required
- Salesforce.com or like CRM program a plus
- Food / Office Product sales experience is ideal
- Outstanding planning, organizational, time management, follow-up and closing skills
- Ability to think proactively and work in an open, team environment
- Ability to autonomously create and track progress in an ambiguous fast paced environment
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and and annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FreshDirect's Employees
Associate Director, ERP Logistics Execution Team
Salim oversees the FreshDirect management and execution systems for warehouse and labor logistics, ensuring proper operating procedures are in place and working according to plan.
Back to top