Voice User Interface (VUI) Design Intern
Interested in developing scripts and user flow for Chatbots that help millions of users each month? Are you passionate about the future of conversational UX/UI design, up on the latest trends, and aware that Chatbots represent the next paradigm shift in tech? If yes, read on!
Fresh Digital Group [FRSH] is looking for a Voice User Interface Design intern to help create the voice and personality of our artificially intelligent virtual assistant. You’ll help develop the dialog and user flow that defines customer interactions with our chat module, which serves millions of users per month, and work alongside our skilled design team to learn about the future of voice and digital, and UX/UI designs role in that future. Design is at the center of everything we do here at FRSH, and your job as Voice User Interface Design intern is imperative to that mission.
As a Voice User Interface Design intern, you will assist the design team in taking complex tasks and problems and transform them into accessible and easy-to-use designs for people around the world to use in our chat bots. You will collaborate with all aspects of the company throughout the entire design process, and ultimately help create a final product that connects humans to technology and digital systems in a new and effective way. In addition, you will assist designing the voice user interfaces and help create dialogue for FRSH’s extensive and growing list of Alexa and Cortana skills to effectively guide users through their chatbot experience. This is a unique position, because you will learn how to engage creatively with a voice only interface rather than a screen.
A passion for technology and a desire to join and lead a team that is on the cutting edge of all things tech is a MUST. If you love design, and can write convincing dialog that keeps readers invested in the conversation, and are up for the challenge we want to hear from you!
- Assist in creating and developing detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes which effectively communicate voice interaction and design ideas
- Help create a conversation script for Alexa and other Chatbots
- Collaborate with team members to develop a voice user interface design which ensures a consistent brand-experience for users
- Help create a consistent, recognizable character that comes to life
- Design a complete set of conversational UI assets
- Collaborate with developers, product and design teams
- Learn when to simplify language to communicate ideas and when to use specialized language to establish credibility
- Learn how to empathize with users across a wide range of subjects
- Thrive in a fast paced, high intensity, start-up environment
- Are a team player who is happy to pitch in, learn new skills wherever possible, adaptability is a MUST.
- Communicate clearly and think quickly
- Knowledge/awareness of UX/UI principles
- Extensive knowledge of the English language, strong writing skills and impeccable grammar
- Technical knowledge of the mechanics of speaking vs. writing
- Interest in writing dialogue, experience with creative writing and editing for dialogue, user interaction, character development
- Computer Skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign
- Strong research and editing capabilities
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in related field
- MUST be able to receive college credit
What FRSH offers:
One on one mentoring
Access to Sr. leadership
Professional skills building
Strong cross industry network development
Action plan for career goals
Multiple Routes to Leadership
Real opportunity for accelerated growth
About Fresh Digital Group:
Founded in 2011, Fresh Digital Group [FRSH] is a mobile solutions provider using innovative and emerging technology to create best-in-class creative design and execution on all devices. FRSH helps build sustainable practices using data-driven expertise and insights to inspire consumers to take meaningful actions every day. FRSH works with some of the world’s most leading brands including Porsche, ESPN, ToysRUs, and American Express, and is an award-winning mobile solutions provider.
This is an unpaid, semester-long internship with opportunity for hire or bonus payments when your work gets sold to clients, and a flexible schedule of 3-5 days/week. Candidates MUST be able to receive college credit for the internship. Qualified graduates may be considered for a full-time position upon completion of internship.
If you feel like you are a good fit, you must include any relevant projects and your cover letter, where you tell us a little about yourself and why you think you’d be a great addition to our team!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Fresh Digital Group's Employees
I'm really excited about our ability to continue to be a player in innovation. Because we are a small team, we can pivot into anything.
Back to top