Voice User Interface Designer
Interested in developing scripts and user flow for Chatbots that help millions of users each month? Are you passionate about the future of conversational UX/UI design, up on the latest trends, and aware that Chatbots represent the next paradigm shift in tech? If yes, read on!
Fresh Digital Group [FRSH] is looking for a Voice User Interface Designer to create the voice and personality of our artificially intelligent virtual assistant. You’ll develop the dialog and user flow that defines customer interactions with our chat module, which serves millions of users per month. Design is at the center of everything we do here at FRSH, and your job as Voice User Interface Designer is imperative to that mission.
As a Voice User Interface Designer, you will take on complex tasks and problems and transform them into accessible and easy-to-use designs for people around the world to use in our chat bots. You will collaborate with all aspects of the company throughout the entire design process, and ultimately create a final product that connects humans to technology and digital systems in a new and effective way. In addition, you will design the voice user interfaces and create dialogue for FRSH’s extensive and growing list of Alexa and Cortana skills to effectively guide users through their chatbot experience. This is a unique position, because you will engage creatively with a voice only interface rather than a screen.
A passion for technology and a desire to join and lead a team that is on the cutting edge of all things tech is a MUST. If you love design, and can write convincing dialog that keeps readers invested in the conversation, and are up for the challenge we want to hear from you!
Position Type: Independent (1099) Contract work
Salary: $50,000-$55,000 DOE
- Create and develop detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes which effectively communicate voice interaction and design ideas
- Evaluate usability and audio consistency of existing dialog flows and recommend design changes
- Draw on depth of experience, but initiate UX research and testing efforts when necessary
- Create a conversation script for Alexa and other Chatbots
- Develop a voice user interface design which ensures a consistent brand-experience for users
- Creating a consistent, recognizable character that comes to life
- Design a complete set of conversational UI assets
- Collaborating with developers, product and design teams, ability to lead team projects
- Knowing when to simplify language to communicate ideas and when to use specialized language to establish credibility
- Empathizing with users across a wide range of subjects
- Thrive in a fast paced, high intensity, start-up environment
- Must be a team player who is happy to pitch in, learn new skills wherever possible.
- Communicate clearly and think quickly
- Extensive knowledge of the English language, strong writing skills and impeccable grammar
- Technical knowledge of the mechanics of speaking vs. writing
- Experience writing dialogue, creative writing and editing for dialogue, user interaction, character development
- Deep user empathy
- Are analytically oriented and love testing your work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign and Acrobat
- Strong research and content editing capabilities
- Ability to break down a strategy into coherent, crisp messaging
- Strong knowledge of UX/UI design principles
- Recent college graduate, with Bachelor’s degree in related field
What FRSH offers:
One on one mentoring
Access to Sr. leadership
Professional skills building
Strong cross industry network development
Action plan for career goals
Multiple Routes to Leadership
Real opportunity for accelerated growth
About Fresh Digital Group:
Founded in 2011, Fresh Digital Group [FRSH] is a mobile solutions provider using innovative and emerging technology to create best-in-class creative design and execution on all devices. FRSH helps build sustainable practices using data-driven expertise and insights to inspire consumers to take meaningful actions every day. FRSH works with some of the world’s most leading brands including Porsche, ESPN, ToysRUs, and American Express, and is an award-winning mobile solutions provider.
If you feel like you are a good fit, you must include any relevant projects and your cover letter, where you tell us a little about yourself and why you think you’d be a great addition to our team!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Fresh Digital Group's Employees
VP Media, Head of Operations
Emily runs all of the media for Fresh Digital Group’s clients and oversees the day-to-day operations of the office, ensuring everyone has the tools they need to succeed.
Back to top