Sports Copywriter Intern
Are you an imaginative writer with out-of-the-box ideas and excellent grammar? Are you passionate about all things sports related? If so, get ready for a sports - oriented copywriting internship at Fresh Digital Group – an exciting, fast-paced company where you’ll gain valuable hands-on experience. We are looking for someone to produce sports related content for our Amazon Alexa and Microsoft Cortana NFL, NBA, and MLB skills as well as other chat agents. Interns will also have the opportunity to produce content for websites, social media, e-newsletters, press releases, print and other media, while learning about the fascinating field of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). To succeed in this internship, you must be a skilled writer who is open-minded and capable of shifting your style to suit different industries and clients. You must also think critically and under tight deadlines.
- Familiarising themselves with their clients' products and services, the target audience and their competitors' activities
- Writing dialogue for FRSH’s sports related Amazon Alexa skills as well as creating sports content for other conversational agents and chatbots
- Developing creative ideas and concepts, often in partnership with the art director
- Keeping up to date with popular culture and trends
- Working on several campaigns at once
- Amending, revising or redeveloping adverts or campaigns in response to feedback from the creative director, account team or clients
- Updating digital media
- At least 1-3 years of copywriting experience, preferably in advertising
- A passion for athletics and extensive knowledge on NFL, NBA and MLB teams and players
- Experience in sports and knowledge of rules and regulations of specific games
- Experience in the digital world and affinity to new technologies is a plus- Passion and skill for writing and communications
- Understanding of Illustrator, Photoshop and other document design tools
- Passion for working with people and various departments
- Computer Skills: Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and basic functional awareness of Adobe InDesign and Acrobat
- Strong research and content editing capabilities
- Ability to break down a strategy into coherent, crisp messaging
- Proficient working in an online environment, such as Google docs
- Excellent teamwork skills, strong work ethic and passion
- Consistently produce compelling, original, creative copy solutions that satisfy several brand strategies
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
What FRSH offers:
- One on one mentoring
- Access to Sr. leadership
- Professional skills building
- Strong cross industry network development
- Action plan for career goals
- Multiple Routes to Leadership
- Real opportunity for accelerated growth
- About Fresh Digital Group:
Founded in 2011, Fresh Digital Group [FRSH] is a mobile solutions provider using innovative and emerging technology to create best-in-class creative design and execution on all devices. FRSH helps build sustainable practices using data-driven expertise and insights to inspire consumers to take meaningful actions every day. FRSH works with some of the world’s most leading brands including Porsche, ESPN, ToysRUs, and American Express, and is an award-winning mobile solutions provider.
This is an unpaid, semester-long internship with opportunity for hire or bonus payments when your work gets sold to clients, and a flexible schedule of 3-5 days/week. Candidates MUST be able to receive college credit for the internship. Qualified graduates may be considered for a full-time position upon completion of internship.
If you feel like you are a good fit, you must include writing samples and your cover letter, where you tell us a little about yourself and why you think you’d be a great addition to our team!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Fresh Digital Group's Employees
I'm really excited about our ability to continue to be a player in innovation. Because we are a small team, we can pivot into anything.
Back to top