Job Description – In this critical role, FMNA’s publicist role will focus on supporting the company’s extensive portfolio of television programs. As part of the overall communications team, you will assist in key tent pole initiatives, as well as have an opportunity to manage and execute on PR campaigns where you will serve as the lead. With a strong focus on media relationships, as well as working with our outside network and production partners, the publicist role will focus on securing top-notch media placements for FMNA shows. This is a very fast-paced environment which will require critical thinking, a proactive mindset, continuous collaboration, and of course excellent communication skills.
• Assist senior team members in the execution of media campaigns surrounding key FMNA properties such as American Gods, American Idol and America’s Got Talent.
• Lead secondary publicity campaigns with oversight from senior management across additional FMNA titles.
• Proactively cultivate and pitch story ideas across key consumer/trade media on national, regional and local levels for print, broadcast and online media outlets.
• Pitch and staff red carpet, press events and set visits as necessary.
• Respond to media requests in a timely manner, providing necessary assets, messaging and insight.
• Create and manage press materials, including maintaining media lists, as well as asset management to include broadcast clips and show images.
• Coordinate with internal and external social media teams to supplement all PR efforts.
• Create and write official press materials such as press releases, key messages, fact sheets, media alerts, etc.
• Monitor media coverage actively for both internal and external headlines to identify story ideas, trends and coverage opportunities.
• Build and maintain relationships with key members of the media.
• Coordinate travel and logistics for talent/media as necessary.
• Develop and foster key relationships with FMNA external stakeholders such as networks, production partners, talent representatives, etc.
• Coordinate and support outside PR agencies as necessary.
• Communicate status reports, coverage updates and key activities to senior management.
• Collaborate with the overall PR team, pitching in wherever necessary to get the job done.
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure and shift priorities – extremely flexible and versatile
• Strong verbal communications
• Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs
• Proficient in social media
• Existing media contacts
• 3-5 years-experience, preferably in the entertainment space
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR, Broadcasting or other related field preferred
• Solution and detail oriented, with ability to anticipate next steps and identify problems early
• Must be a team player
FremantleMedia North America values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of FremantleMedia North America's Employees
SVP, Business & Legal Affairs of Digital & Branded Entertainment
Elena balances multiple projects from companies around the world. From evaluating new business models to overseeing the production of digital content, Elena’s workload is always diverse.
Back to top