Executive Assistant, Business & Legal Affairs
Position: Business and Legal Affairs Assistant
Reports to: EVP Business and Legal Affairs
Company: FremantleMedia North America
Location: Burbank, CA
FremantleMedia North America (FMNA) is the U.S. arm of global media giant FremantleMedia, which includes a distribution arm, FremantleMedia International, a digital and branded entertainment division. As one of the world’s largest and most successful creators, producers and distributors of TV brands in the world, FremantleMedia’s comprehensive global network has operations in 28 countries, creating over 8500 hours of programming a year, rolling out more than 60 formats and managing over 400 individual titles. The company also distributes more than 20,000 hours of content in over 200 territories.
FMNA and its portfolio of companies, including Original Productions and 495 Productions, produce entertaining and innovative scripted and alternative programs for network, cable, syndicated and online platforms. Their slate includes “American Gods” (Starz), as well as a diverse range of both critically-acclaimed and award-winning successes including “American Idol” (ABC), “America’s Got Talent” (NBC), “Family Feud” (SYN), “Let’s Make A Deal” (CBS), “The Price Is Right” (CBS), “The Great Christmas Light Fight” (ABC), “Deadliest Catch” (Discovery), “Ice Road Truckers” (HISTORY) and “Storage Wars” (A&E) among others.
The Business and Legal Assistant will provide support to both the Executive Vice President and Senior Vice President of Business & Legal Affairs. Candidates will need to be able to multi-task a high volume of emails, calls, meeting schedules and paperwork. Must be comfortable talking with talent, agents, managers, attorneys, and producers.
• Answer/roll telephone calls
• Coordinate meetings and manage schedules
• Maintain and track legal documents
• Organize and maintain electronic and physical files
• Redline agreements based on attorney comments
• Draft option pick-up letters and other legal correspondence and documentation as needed
• Complete all necessary paperwork for guilds and unions for all productions
• Track development deals and distribute weekly report
• Expeditiously process all documents received for EVP’s signature
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel)
• Experience with drafting and redlining
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
• Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Ability to work independently
• Must be a team player
FremantleMedia North America values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status
Meet Some of FremantleMedia North America's Employees
Assistant, Digital & Branded Entertainment
Tracey dips her toes in all the creative processes of digital and branded entertainment. She also brainstorms methods to bring more traffic onto the organization's social media platforms.
Back to top