Analyst, Digital Branded Entertainment
Position: Analyst Digital and Branded Entertainment
Reports to: VP, Global Digital & Social Media
Company: FremantleMedia Group Worldwide
Location: Burbank, CA
FremantleMedia is one of the leading worldwide production companies with a turnover of approximately $1 billion with over 200 titles currently in production in more than 35 countries around the world and library sales to over 100 territories. FremantleMedia comprises five production territories worldwide and an enterprises division that exploits the licensing rights of owned and third party brands. FremantleMedia North America (FMNA) is the U.S. arm of global media giant FremantleMedia, which includes a distribution arm, FremantleMedia International, and a digital and branded entertainment division.
As one of the world’s largest and most successful creators, producers and distributors of TV brands in the world, FremantleMedia’s comprehensive global network has operations in 28 countries, creating over 8500 hours of programming a year, rolling out more than 60 formats and managing over 400 individual titles. The company also distributes more than 20,000 hours of content in over 200 territories. FMNA and its portfolio of companies, including Original Productions and 495 Productions, produce entertaining and innovative scripted and alternative programs for network, cable, syndicated and online platforms.
Their slate includes “American Gods” (Starz), as well as a diverse range of both critically-acclaimed and award-winning successes including “American Idol” (FOX), “America’s Got Talent” (NBC), “Family Feud” (SYN), “Let’s Make A Deal” (CBS), “The Price Is Right” (CBS), “The Great Christmas Light Fight” (ABC), “Deadliest Catch” (Discovery), “Party Down South” (CMT), “Ice Road Truckers” (HISTORY) and “Storage Wars” (A&E) among others.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled analyst to support our global digital strategy and branded entertainment division. This small team supports all digital operations within the company globally, and is in charge with setting forth the vision of how FremantleMedia will be as successful a producer and distributor of digital and branded entertainment as we are of traditional TV content.
Key required areas of expertise include Keynote and Powerpoint presentation creation, data retrieval from Facebook and YouTube, research and analysis (market, business and data related), Wordpress article publishing on company intranet, and liaising with digital executives and producers from around the world to aggregate information and establish best practices.
Core responsibilities include:
• Support SVPs, VP and Executive Director, Social in creation of presentation materials
• Research and report on key trends in the areas of online video, original digital video content, major digital industry partnerships and digital Mergers & Acquisitions
• Research and analyze data on the performance of specific digital media competitors and partnership targets
• Retrieve, track, and analyze data on internal digital media projects and report findings / trends
• Aggregate information and media assets from global production divisions
• Liaise with digital executives globally to gain best practices
• Communicate best practice information to various divisions globally
• Support project management and operational implementation of new internal resource website
• Build relationships with industry experts, technology partners and production teams, and liaise with 3rd party tech vendors
• Work closely with all key global divisions on an as needed basis
Ideal Candidate Profile
Self-motivated individual with the ability to multi-task, manage powerful personalities, and quickly immerse oneself into a growing division with minimal supervision. Essential are presentation creation and delivery skills that take lots of information and convey it into easily digestible terms. An individual comfortable with problem solving and creating their own processes is key.
◦ Loves social media and understands the strategies used to maximize audiences and engagement
◦ Enjoys playing with data and has experience with social media analytics
◦ Is great at producing numerical and graphical reports and would be comfortable making presentations internally
◦ Is adaptable and responds well to rapidly changing priorities and turning around work quickly
◦ Loves the world of TV and media - ideally with some experience in a media company but if not then a genuine passion for it
Excellent organizational, time-management, verbal and written communication skills is a must. We are looking for a team player that can work under tight deadlines, has an excellent attention to detail, the ability to think “out-of-the-box”, and who’s willing to go the extra mile to deliver new ideas and great results.
A Bachelor’s degree with at least 2+ years experience with social media and online video data.
◦ Excel/Google Sheets wizard, PowerPoint/Keynote artist
◦ Quick worker, succinct communicator
◦ Preferred: Experience with data software and languages e.g. Tableau, SQL, Google Data Studio
◦ YouTube CMS, and Facebook Business Manager also highly desired
◦ Experience extracting & parsing data from APIs a big plus
FremantleMedia North America values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of FremantleMedia North America's Employees
Assistant, Digital & Branded Entertainment
Tracey dips her toes in all the creative processes of digital and branded entertainment. She also brainstorms methods to bring more traffic onto the organization's social media platforms.
Back to top