Applications for this position will be reviewed starting on January 4, 2021. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Middle School Science Teacher
Freire Charter Middle School is currently seeking a Science teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. Freire Charter Middle School staff members are forward-thinking team players passionate about working with and unleashing the potential of urban youth. We seek candidates who embody our guiding principles - collaboration, trust, whatever it takes, students first, real, safe, integrity, and love.
Preferred candidate qualifications:
- Appropriate PA Certification
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and willingness to do whatever it takes to get a job done
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Evidence of creativity in lesson planning
- Previous successful experience working with urban youth
High expectations. Solution-oriented. An emphasis on growth for both students and teachers. Teaching every single day with urgency, because every minute matters. Supporting the entire student - academically, behaviorally, and emotionally. And an unwavering commitment to unleashing the potential in every single student.
Freire Charter Middle School opened its doors in 2012. In our 6 short years, we are challenging what is possible during Middle School. This past year, Freire Charter Middle School was ranked as a top 5 Middle School in Philadelphia and 1 of only 2 schools (elementary, middle, and high) in all of Philadelphia to score a perfect 100 for growth, per the School Progress Report. We are the ONLY school in Philadelphia to earn a perfect 100 for growth for two consecutive years. There are over 2,000 schools in Pennsylvania and Freire Charter Middle School students achieved the HIGHEST Math growth score and the 24th highest ELA growth score. Our behavioral expectations demand that students keep the focus on what matters most - learning - while supporting them in making healthy and safe decisions. Our instructional coaching program supports all teachers in growing as instructors, no matter how experienced they are. Our growth mindset is deeply rooted in all we do. We are safe, we are real, and we need you to push us even further!
- believe in doing whatever it takes to ensure that all students learn. We take student achievement personally.
- believe that student achievement can be measured in tangible ways.
- believe that constant self-reflection and growth is essential to improving their craft.
- believe in actively building a positive, enthusiastic, and collaborative school community.
Freire Charter Middle School offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, a strong commitment to developing all staff as professionals invested in life-long learning, and the opportunity to work with the best students in Philadelphia.