TECH Freire Charter School is currently seeking a full-time Certified School Nurse for the 2020-2021 school year. TECH Freire staff members are innovative collaborators who are passionate about working with and unleashing the potential of urban youth. We seek candidates who are flexible, highly motivated, extraordinarily dedicated, who value diversity and who will demand excellence from themselves and their students.
The Certified School Nurse is responsible for implementing TECH's health program as defined by the Public School Code of 1949 (section 14), PA Code 28 (Chapter 23 - School Health Regulations), and the policy, procedures and protocol of TECH.
This is an 11 month position, offering a month long break in the summer.
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and willingness to do whatever it takes to get a job done
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Ability to interact and support students, teachers and parents/guardians
- Great communication skills
- Maintain a calm and patient demeanor at all times
- Provide nursing care to both students and staff
- Maintain a daily log of all student and staff visits to the nurse's office
- Maintain all student health files
- Maintain emergency information for students and staff and record communications with parents, staff and community agencies
- Lead school health initiatives
- Schedule student screenings
- Administer medication to students as requested by parents or physicians according to the medication guidelines
- Provide for safe storage of medications, reliable administration and recording of all doses given
- Perform other school health related duties as assigned
Certifications and Qualifications (required):
- Licensed professional nurse in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
- PA School Nurse Certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Office