Applications for this position will be reviewed starting on January 4, 2021. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
High School Science Teacher
Freire Schools is currently seeking a full-time Science teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. Exact grade to be determined, but possible grade levels range from 9th - 12th. Freire staff members are forward-thinking team players passionate about working with and unleashing the potential of urban youth. We seek candidates who value diversity, are highly motivated, and who will demand excellence from themselves and their students.
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- At least 2 years of previous successful experience working with diverse student populations
- Appropriate PA certification or willingness to pursue alternative certification
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and willingness to do "whatever it takes" to get a job done
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
About Freire Schools
Freire Schools empowers students to build the future.
Every day, two thousand creative, vibrant kids experience the power of a Freire Schools education at one of our four campuses in Philadelphia and Wilmington. Our schools are joyous, safe spaces where students of all backgrounds are provided the supports they need to succeed in a rigorous educational program. Freire students beat local, state, and national averages year after year in their college enrollment and persistence rates. Our growth mindset and our values--equity, diversity, love, and critical thinking-- are deeply rooted in all we do.
We are passionate, we are real, and we need you to push us even further!
- believe in doing whatever it takes to ensure our students are successful in college and beyond.
- believe that student achievement can be measured in tangible ways.
- believe that self-reflection and growth is essential to improving their craft.
- believe in actively building a positive, enthusiastic, and collaborative school community.
Freire offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, a strong commitment to developing all staff as professionals invested in life-long learning, and the opportunity to work with the best students in the nation.