Sr. Software Engineer III (Remote)
- Marlton, NJ
We are seeking a fullstack engineer with strong Node.js and functional programming (Scala & Ruby) skills. Our applications leverage Node.js, Bootstrap, JQuery, Mondo DB, Elastic Search, Redis, React.js and delightful interactive experience to the web. Our applications run in the AWS cloud environment.
We use Agile Methodologies to enable our engineering team to work closely with partners and with our design & product teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work as an individual contributor building software.
- Write maintainable and scalable backend and client web application code.
- Work with enterprise architect to build ESB layer and implement scalable web services layer (REST/JSON/XML) to serve internal and external application clients.
- Work with designers and product managers to build web applications with responsive design.
- Work in an agile team environment where testing and continuous deployment is an integral part of the way you work.
- Bring clean code principles to your work and drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Will be working with AWS RDS & Dynamo DB.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
- 8+ year of experience in building and working on large scale distributed systems.
- Capable of designing and coding highly efficient and scalable enterprise software and services.
- Fluent in Java, Backbone.js, Node.js, Bootstrap3, Require.js, and either D3 or Highcharts.
- Strong familiarity with functional programming such as Scala and Ruby.
- Extensive experience with SQL, database programming, and performance.
- Excellent understanding of web technologies and Internet architecture.
- Comfortable running your own NIX server, webstack, debuggers, VMs, and database programs.
- Scripting language skills such as Perl, Python, and Bash is a strong plus.
- Experience in Hadoop, Apache Spark Big Data environment (Hive, Pig, Map Reduce) is an advantage.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Strong experience with AWS environment, Git and Continuous Integration (Jenkins).
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry's largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Back to top