Senior Mortgage Loan Processor
- Melville, NY
The Senior Loan Processor is responsible for processing the full document process by managing the customer relationship from application to closing while ensuring the all necessary steps are in accordance with internal policies and procedures to bring the transaction to a ready to close status. This position will obtain essential documentation, submit to underwriting within determined timeframes and work with customer to satisfy all conditions of approval within saleability guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cultivate and maintain a close relationship with all parties involved in the mortgage transaction.
- Gather information and take each file from processing through closing.
- Obtain required borrower documentation, for an underwriter to decision the loan
- Responsible for keeping borrower informed from the time loan is decision through closing.
- Set and maintain proper expectation to all parties on the file (including internal customers, e.g., loan officers, sales managers).
- Input proper loan information into the system for processing.
- Responsible for ensuring that all loan documentation is complete accurate verified and complies with company policy.
- Analyze loan documents including income, assets, credit, appraisal, etc.; in addition to, verifying documents are ready for final clearance to underwriting.
- Review file documentation and make sure all items needed are requested. Order and coordinate loan documents. Communicate with borrowers, fellow employees and clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
- Responsible for using independent judgment/decision-making to look at ways to improve the origination process through information received from our customers.
- Responsible for managing anticipated closing date.
- Responsible for managing rate lock expiration date.
- Responsible for triggering a change of circumstance within 3 days of applicable change.
Other Related Duties:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or Technical school preferred; a minimum of five (5) years' experience processing full document purchase loans. Must have experience processing purchase transactions, strong Conventional, FHA, VA, and government loan mortgage processing experience; knowledge of how to read DU findings. Proficiency with Encompass a plus. Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with keen attention to detail. Professional verbal and written communication skills. Advanced MS Office proficiency. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships in a fast paced team environment. Aptitude for decision making, ability to work independently and provide exceptional customer service.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry's largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Back to top