Mortgage Risk Analyst
- Flexible / Remote
The Risk Analyst II will be responsible for shared oversight of the firm's operational risk management strategy within our originations/operations Wholesale and/or Retail channels of business. Will lead risk management related projects and develop plans to improve controls and document procedures.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Perform analysis of varying data associated with enterprise risk management at Freedom Mortgage for any executive/senior level management.
- Lead special projects of varying topics and degrees of sensitivity, as needed.
- Participate during audits and/or due diligence from investors, warehouse lines, or any other necessary internal reviews.
- Act in a vendor management role with external Operations Risk vendors.
- Identify gap analysis of controls to weaknesses.
- Partner with business to develop corrective action plans to improve controls intended to mitigate risks.
- Strong communication skills with executive and senior management during risk control reviews. This includes strong presentation skills.
- Ensure documented procedures within Operations Risk remain current and maintained.
- Be aware and knowledgeable of the mortgage industry risk trends, requirements.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and be extremely flexible in the workday activities.
Other Related Duties:Performs other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities:This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Able to read, interpret, apply, and communicate policies and procedures that may be complex.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, recognizes and acts on changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage time and multitask.
- Must be MS Office proficient.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; five (5) to ten (10) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be operations oriented with strong project management skills.
- Prior mortgage originations/operations experience with Wholesale and/or Retail - origination, processing, closing or post closing experience preferred.
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry's largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Back to top