Mortgage Quality Control Analyst
- Flexible / Remote
The candidate for the QC Analyst position must have mortgage knowledge with a minimum of 5 years of experience in either mortgage processing, underwriting and/or extensive quality control background, knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA and VA guidelines is required. Knowledge of mortgage lending compliance such as TRID, TILA, AIR, etc. is highly desired. The position requires the QC Analyst to re-underwrite closed loans for various loan programs. The candidate should have knowledge of post funding and final docs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to perform a quality audit for all Standard QC, EPD's, FPD's and Target Audits for all loan types including but not limited to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA and Private Investors.
- Demonstrate ability to calculate income, assets, credit and property reviews accurately and precisely.
- Ability to analyze all AUS findings and manually underwritten loans.
- Practical experience to interpret all internal and external policies and procedures provided by all agencies and Freedom Mortgage's internal overlays.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Analysts must be able to articulate the issues, concerns and summary of the audit.
- Must be able to utilize all databases and software necessary to house the audit information and provide necessary work papers in an electronic format as directed by management.
- Ability to multitask and be extremely flexible in the workday activities.
- Ensure re-verification activity was performed and it validates the information used to approve and close the loan.
- Check all audit findings for completeness and accuracy.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- This position requires a minimum of 4-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must include a minimum of 3-4 years of processing, underwriting, and/or quality control experience.
- Full understanding of all Product Types (FHA, VA, Conventional & USDA)
- Familiar with a variety of mortgage banking concepts, practices and procedures. Working knowledge of compliance regulations.
- Ability to work in a team environment, recognizes and acts on changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Prioritization skills.
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry's largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Back to top