Mortgage Loan Closer
- Phoenix, AZ
The Loan Closer will provide support functions for the senior closers by assisting with coordinating loan closings in compliance with company, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA,VA and industry standard rules and regulations. This position will assist in preparing legal documents and closing packages for Title companies and attorneys.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the review of CD's, LE's, Disclosure history and identify compliance violations and overtolerances.
- Assist in the Review Case Number Assignment, Title Commitments, Insurance Policies, PMI Certification and all loan documents for accuracy.
- Review all files for completeness and accuracy to ensure compliance with underwriting, government, and Investor and company requirements.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all parties to obtain loan status information.
- Provide timely communications regarding closing status as appropriate.
- Ensure all loans are closed in strict accordance with all guidelines.
- Understand and adhere to all existing and/or changes to internal or external guidelines, processes and procedures as soon as they are implemented.
- Assist in preparing and verifying final figures.
- Assist in coordinating closings with title companies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Experience and/or Education:
- Recent College Grads welcome! We will train!
- Bachelor's degree required
- Loan processing, funding or closing experience a plus
- Working knowledge of TRID regulations, RESPA 2010, HMDA and Appraisal Independence Requirements (AIR)
- MS Office Proficient
- Able to work in a fast paced team environment
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Shift: 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm Shifts may change based upon business needs.*
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry's largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Back to top