Loss Mitigation Supervisor-Mortgage
- Jacksonville, FL
The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, supervises and evaluates work flow for the Loss Mitigation department, coordinates work activities to achieve the volume expected to meet operational requirements, provides process-specific feedback and training to loss mitigation efforts throughout the unit, recommends operational improvements, monitors performance of staff members according to established standards and conducts performance evaluations, training and coaching of the staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises daily operation of the Loss Mitigation department, ensuring compliance with departmental policies and procedures and all applicable government, investor and client regulations.
- Reviews loss mitigation documents for approval or denial to ensure consistency, accuracy, and quality within department.
- Identifies trends and develops process improvements and system enhancements to improve department's effectiveness.
- Receives and resolves customer complaints
- Performs duties related to staff development such as performance evaluations, disciplining employees, and training.
- Compiles data and generates ad-hoc reporting for Manager.
- Provides monthly summary to Manager on departmental performance objectives.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge, understanding and documentation of required State, Federal, CFPB, Investor, and PMI guidelines related to regarding loan modifications, short sale, and deed in lieu. Ensures regular and timely communication of required process changes to all areas of the Credit Solutions department.
- Sets production and service goals for direct reports. Directs the performance of the staff through effective coaching, training and performance appraisals to achieve established goals and service levels.
- Develops and analyzes management reports for the purpose to ensure all production and quality goals are meet.
- Serves as subject matter expert and escalation point for staff and members regarding loan modifications, short sale, and deed in lieu.
- All other duties as assigned
Other Related Duties:Performs other related duties as assigned.
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University or equivalent work experience. Three to five years of experience in a Collections/Loss Mitigation related position, preferably in a Financial Services environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry's largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Back to top