Loss Mitigation Manager (Mortgage Servicing)
- Beaverton, OR
SummaryThe Loss Mitigation Manager - Loss Mitigation is responsible for the oversight and compliance of the loss mitigation process (processing, underwriting, closing) of all workouts. In addition, this position is responsible for loss mitigation claims to be filed to the investor/insurer as well as any 2 nd look process on denied decisions and mediations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages timeline and quality decisions made by the loss mitigation team.
- Manages timely and accurate investor/insurer claim filing on loss mitigation files.
- Oversees the 2 nd look process to review denied modification workouts prior to a final decision being communicated to our borrowers.
- Works closely with Default Reporting for the timely and accuracy of the 1099 A's and C's that need to be sent to our borrowers and filed with the IRS due to the completion of loss mitigation files.
- Manages strategy of maximizing the solicitation of loss mitigation with our borrowers.
- Manages foreclosure referral's and adhering to the investor, insurer and CFPB guidelines.
- Attends mediation hearings with the various courts to ensure workout options have been exhausted.
- Handles charge offs for 1 st and 2 nd liens. This will be accomplished by working with the other leaders in the default group.
Other Related Duties:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities:Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University;
- HS Diploma/GED required
- One (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience and/or knowledge of the mortgage industry preferred, but not required
- Promote a positive workplace supportive of company goals and objectives.
- Set goals, drive results and properly reward/addresses performance.
- Develops and analyzes management reports for the purpose to ensure all production and quality goals are met.
Language Skills:Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry's largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Back to top