- Los Angeles, CA
The Branch Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day sales activities of their branch and overall origination processes within defined targeted goals. This position will work the loan officer's to build volume and realtor relationships. The primary responsibility of this position is to effectively recruit, coach, manage, and motivate a high performance sales team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establishes, develops and maintains a strong client referral base by selling the company's loan products and services to meet the needs of its client base in order to develop new business and/or retain existing business.
- Hires, trains, and manages the loan officer staff in accordance with company and industry standards. This is to include training and mentoring in areas such as product knowledge and sales training.
- Keeps informed of trends, changes and developments in the local real estate market.
- Keeps up with what competitors are doing by keeping up-to-date with changing rules, regulations and guidelines from FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, and VA in addition to other investors and agencies.
- Keeps informed of all origination, processing, appraisal, underwriting and closing requirements for both company and investor guideline pertaining to both government insured and privately-insured mortgagors.
- Responsible for the overall customer interaction and interface with all parties involved on each individual loan that is originated from application to closing including, but not limited to: counseling and pre-qualifying potential home buyers; taking complete and accurate applications; obtaining all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fees and lock-in information; overseeing the loan process by monitoring loan status and ensuring conformity with terms; assisting in collecting additional documents after closing as directed by corporate or senior management.
- Maintains a professional image and standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
Other Related Duties:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
One year certificate from College or Technical School; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in residential lending.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
NMLS License for State required in order to originate/lend.
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry's largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Back to top