(100% remote) Performance Test Engineer
- Marlton, NJ
The performance test engineer is an integral part of the Performance Testing team working in a dynamic fast paced, agile environment. S/he should have previous experience writing LoadRunner scripts and be able to jump onto any performance testing projects upon joining. The performance engineer will be writing and executing LoadRunner scripts to identify system bottle necks and to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Work with key business, stechnical teams and stakeholders to understand/clarify requirements and determine performance test scenarios
- Develop and implement performance tests based on technical architecture of the assigned project
- Develop performance test plans, test scripts and test data
- Identify, report and manage defects in defect tracking system
- Analyze test results and coordinate with development teams for fixes
- Conduct system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability
- Develop reusable performance scripts by using different LoadRunner protocols including but not limited to web HTTP/HTTPS, SOAP/XML, RESET, OBDB, JDC and .NET
- Support capacity planning activities
- Establish and define performance baseline for a system under test
- Define and build a load profile with ramp up and ramp down procedures
- Analysis of test results to expose potential performance issues
- Root cause analysis of poorly performing applications
- Determine performance bottlenecks
- Work with Performance Test Manager to enhance performance testing standards, technologies and approaches for performance testing
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Must have extensive LoadRunner scripting experience
- Must have ability to configureworkload profile for test scenarios to accurately mimic test scenarios/requirements
- Experience with LoadRunner and at least 2 of the following protocols -HTTP/HTTPS, SOAP/XML, REST, ODBC, JDBC, and .NET
- Experience executing SQL queries and testing database tables a plus
- Highly organized, self-motivated, customer oriented and able to work independently as well as within a team and with internal business and technology partners
- Working knowledge of Dynatrace
- Knowledge in various performance test methodologies
- 3 years of performance testing experience and with LoadRunner
- Strong written/oral communication skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from a Four (4) year College or University.
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry's largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Back to top