Senior Staff Engineer/Technical Lead
- San Francisco, CA
Open source is the software industry's most powerful feedback loop, and FOSSA's mission is to ensure it can be used effectively at any scale. With a first-in-class compliance and security platform, FOSSA enables enterprise teams to adopt open source confidently while maintaining the agility required to innovate.
Founded in 2015, FOSSA is Headquartered in San Francisco, but has always remained remote friendly (even before COVID). With over $30M+ in funding, we are backed by top tier investors including Bain Capital, Costanoa Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marc Benioff (CEO, SalesForce), Jaan Tallinn (CTO, Skype), and Steve Chen (CTO, YouTube).
As a technical lead you'll be working as an advisor to the engineering and product leadership and a hands-on mentor to the junior engineers on the team. We would like to assure that as FOSSA grows it is known for its excellent product and engineering. As a senior technical member you would play the key role in formulating and realizing this vision by weighing in on technical feasibility of the roadmap, determining implementation strategy, setting the bar for design and testing. In a start-up environment we always have several threads at different stages of execution, so in most cases people are able to work on ideation, design, planning and implementation within a short period of time.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with engineering and product leadership.
- Hands-on mentor to the junior engineers.
- Review product and product feature proposals.
- Formulate technical approaches and specific designs.
- Help scope and plan the execution.
- Oversee implementation and set the technical acceptance criteria.
- You take pride in delivering elegant, reliable solutions to technically complex problems.
- You're comfortable navigating complex technical domains and developing sound approaches to address them.
- You thrive in an environment that values fast iterations leading to full-featured implementation.
- You're low ego, but hold strong informed opinions.
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things.
FOSSA Comp Package Includes:
- Competitive compensation + equity
- World class benefits including 100% company paid health insurance
- Free lunches and snacks (when we are able to go back)
- Company events to ensure communication and collaboration (currently virtual)
- Globally distributed team, however we do have a beautiful office in the financial district of SF!
- Dog Friendly!
FOSSA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Back to top