Open source is the software industry's most powerful feedback loop, and FOSSA's mission is to ensure it can be used effectively at any scale. With a first-in-class compliance and security platform, FOSSA enables enterprise teams to adopt open source confidently while maintaining the agility required to innovate.
Founded in 2015, FOSSA is Headquartered in San Francisco, but has always remained remote friendly (even before COVID). With over $30M+ in funding, we are backed by top tier investors including Bain Capital, Costanoa Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marc Benioff (CEO, SalesForce), Jaan Tallinn (CTO, Skype), and Steve Chen (CTO, YouTube).
As a senior software engineer on our team, you'll be working to bring features from ideation to implementation. Your participation will have a significant impact on our company roadmap, and you'll be able to see the outsized impact that your work has on our revenue. In your day-to-day tasks we will rely on a sense of priorities and ability to set tactical objectives. In a team of our size, our engineering team also helps own our product, customer success, and growth functions.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with many stakeholders to plan, design, build, and refine core product features.
- Own user-impacting features from conception to clear customer impact.
- Build and scale our core product and technical infrastructure.
- Have significant ownership in our technical architecture and product roadmap.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in software development
- You take pride in delivering elegant, reliable solutions to technically complex problems.
- You're comfortable navigating complex domains and developing sound approaches to address them.
- You thrive in an environment that values fast iterations leading to full-featured implementation .
- You're low ego, but hold strong informed opinions.
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things.
FOSSA Comp Package Includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity
- World class benefits including 100% company paid health insurance
- Free lunches and snacks (when we are allowed to interact face-to-face)
- Company events to ensure communication and collaboration (currently virtual)
- Globally distributed team, however we do have a beautiful office in the financial district of SF!
- Dog Friendly!
FOSSA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.