Developing software has become the most valuable capability in the world. Today, enterprises must excel at leveraging as much open source and 3rd party code as possible or fall behind.
FOSSA's mission is to help businesses accelerate their use of open source, by providing companies with the tools to discover and drive standards around open source usage.
Today, using open source creates huge operational challenges at scale. Companies consume and deploy hundreds of thousands of open source components daily, each with licensing, security and quality implications that can impact production environments supporting billions of dollars of revenue and thousands of downstream partners. Over the past few years, every organization from 57% of the Global 2000 to the Biden administration have enforced standards around open source management -- making this one of the most urgent problems in technology.
FOSSA is building the only platform specialized for open source management at scale. By identifying 3rd party code across thousands of development pipelines, reliably enforcing compliance / security policies within development workflows, and automating end to end reporting -- global enterprises like Uber, Snap, and Confluent depend on FOSSA to build world class products that are compliant, secure and use high-quality 3rd-party code.
We are a rapidly growing series-B company with a truly distributed team. While our roots are in San Francisco, our growing team has members in several countries across many time zones. We’re always working to find the perfect balance of effective approaches to distributed work, while maintaining the direct personal connections that help us work better together and love our jobs.
We’re currently seeing an unprecedented inflection point in the number of companies turning to open source to accelerate adoption and turning to FOSSA to manage the associated risk. We’re rapidly growing and need a Senior Product Manager who can continuously innovate and advocate for our customers. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with UX, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams to guide products from conception to launch by converting market demand into customer value.
You will have significant ownership of our products’ direction and see an outsized impact. Your day-to-day will be largely determined by what you own on the roadmap. You’ll be instrumental in key initiatives and help shape the core product foundation.
In this role you will:
- Generate customer insight based on market demand, competition, and user requirements of a fast-growing software supply chain tooling market
- Develop and deliver innovative solutions that meet enterprise customer demands
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience with Enterprise B2B SaaS and on-prem products
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions
- Experience working with different functional areas
- Bonus points for experience building developer tools
FOSSA Comp Package Includes:
- Competitive compensation + equity in a fast growing tech company
- World class benefits including 100% company paid health insurance and unlimited PTO
- Generous Maternal and Paternal Policy (3 months fully paid!)
- Company events to ensure communication and collaboration (virtual and in-person)
- Globally distributed team, however we do have a beautiful office in the financial district of SF!
- Dog Friendly!
FOSSA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.