Open source is the software industry's most powerful feedback loop, and FOSSA's mission is to ensure it can be used effectively at any scale. With a first-in-class compliance and security platform, FOSSA enables enterprise teams to adopt open source confidently while maintaining the agility required to innovate.
Founded in 2015, FOSSA is Headquartered in San Francisco, but has always remained remote friendly (even before COVID). With over $30M+ in funding, we are backed by top tier investors including Bain Capital, Costanoa Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marc Benioff (CEO, SalesForce), Jaan Tallinn (CTO, Skype), and Steve Chen (CTO, YouTube).
As an engineer on the Infrastructure & Platform Engineering team you'll be building the tools to help engineers deploy and operate the services that make FOSSA work. Our mission is to provide an easy to use and reliable platform to help product teams release and monitor new software safely. You are interested in helping build the foundation of our cloud infrastructure and will be instrumental in setting the direction of the team.
In this role you will:
- Scale our cloud infrastructure to meet increasing demand
- Ensure platform security and adherence to the best practices
- Improve our development tools, CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, and release processes
- Help teams use Helm and Kubernetes, and shape best practices
- Build access control and secret management solutions
- Knowledge of AWS (VPC, IAM, EC2, RDS), Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as Buildkite, CircleCI, Atlantis, or similar
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as Datadog, Statsd, Prometheus, Grafana, Fluentd
- Experience with packaging and deploying services using Docker on Linux
- Familiarity with Golang or NodeJS, or a willingness to learn
- Source control experience including branching, merging and rebasing (we use git)
- The ability to break down complex problems and drive towards a solution
- Be passionate about improving our engineering experience
- Experience with services that are deployed in the cloud as well as on-prem
- A deep love for building automations to manage cloud infrastructure and deploy services
FOSSA Comp Package Includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Equity in a fast-growing tech company
- World class benefits including 100% company paid health insurance
- Free lunches and snacks
- Company events to ensure communication and collaboration
- Work-Life balance
- A beautiful office in the financial district of SF!
- Dog Friendly!
FOSSA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.