Today, enterprises must leverage as much open source and 3rd party code as possible or fall behind. As a result, developers are consuming hundreds-of-thousands open source components daily. Each with licensing, security and quality implications that can impact billions of dollars of revenue. Managing open source at scale has become one of technology's most urgent problems; leading every organization from 57% of the Global 2000 to the Biden Administration to enforce standards around using 3rd party code.
FOSSA's mission is to help businesses accelerate their use of open source, by providing companies with the tools to discover and drive standards around open source usage. FOSSA is building the only platform specialized for open source management at scale. By identifying 3rd party code across thousands of development pipelines, FOSSA reliably enforces compliance / security policies within development workflows and automates end to end reporting. Global enterprises like Nike, Snap and Ford depend on FOSSA to build world class products that are compliant, secure and use high-quality 3rd-party code.
FOSSA is a remote-first company, headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a presence in Vancouver Canada and Buenos Aires, Argentina. With over $35M+ in funding, we are backed by top tier investors including Bain Capital, Costanoa Ventures, and Canvas Ventures. Angel investors include Marc Benioff (CEO, SalesForce), Jaan Tallinn (CTO, Skype), and Steve Chen (CTO, YouTube).
We’re currently seeing an unprecedented inflection point in the number of companies turning to open source to accelerate adoption and turning to FOSSA to manage the associated risk. We’re rapidly growing and need a Senior Product Manager who can continuously innovate and advocate for our customers. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with UX, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams to guide products from conception to launch by converting market demand into customer value.
You will have significant ownership of our products’ direction and see an outsized impact. Your day-to-day will be largely determined by what you own on the roadmap. You’ll be instrumental in key initiatives and help shape the core product foundation.
In this role you will:
- Generate customer insight based on market demand, competition, and user requirements of a fast-growing software supply chain tooling market
- Develop and deliver innovative solutions that meet enterprise customer demands
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience with Enterprise B2B SaaS and on-prem products
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions
- Experience working with different functional areas
- Bonus points for experience building developer tools
FOSSA Comp Package Includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Equity in a fast-growing tech company
- World class benefits including 100% company paid health insurance
- Remote-friendly environment & beautiful office in the financial district of SF
- Company events to ensure communication and collaboration
- Work-Life balance
FOSSA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.