Senior Operations Manager - FoodKick
This role is an outstanding opportunity to be an integral part of FoodKick rapidly expanding business. The Store (Site) Manager is responsible for the planning and management of FoodKick operations, inclusive of both inbound and outbound operations, ensuring the highest level quality of service to our customers provided by our associates, and supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. The ideal candidate should have experience within a perishable, food or provisional items.
• Manage P&L (budgets, cost, shrink) and all processes and execution to achieve budgetary goals.
• Ensure follow through and compliance with: Food Safety, Safety Compliance and FoodKick quality policies (scrap, waste, QC, etc.)
• Oversee usage and handling of all equipment and machinery used in the department, including safety (GMP), PM's and report all issues immediately.
• Direct, coordinate and manage inbound receivables, inventory replenishment and order fulfillment.
• Identify, and help implement, changes related to process improvement opportunities by developing a deep understanding of grocery, receiving, replenishment and operating environment; document changes with the partnership of Senior Management.
• Resolve problems within span of control according to the standards set by the company.
• Based on data analysis, provide and communicate strategies for forward planning and operational changes.
• Direct assigned sanitation personnel and utilize all personnel in maintaining housekeeping and cleanliness of facility to the highest standards.
• Resolve employee grievances and concerns; partner with HR on high level investigations.
• Identify and train talent for the department, including coaching, training and developing matrixes and standards of continued excellence.
• Plan and manage staff schedule in accordance with budget and/or business needs.
• Plans and carries out work assignments; resolves most conflicts which arise; coordinates work with others as necessary; interprets policy on own initiative in terms of established objectives. Keeps Senior Management informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications
• Plans, designs, and carries out programs, projects, studies, or other work independently. Receives little or no supervision from leader.
Team leader Responsibility:
• The Site Manager is responsible for all employees at facility.
• BA/BS in Management, Logistics, Engineering or a related field
• Eight - Ten (8 - 10) years experience
• Five (5) years in a people management role with increasing responsibilities
• Prior work experience in an Food Distribution, Grocery Warehouse / Supermarket or Commissary
• Previous exposure to, and demonstrated success in, a high-growth business environment
• Able to work a flexible schedule that may include nights and or weekends
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with warehouse or retail management systems, labor management systems, and enterprise resource planning systems (ie SAP, Kronos, JE Edwards, etc.)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Familiarity with GMP, OSHA, EH&S, FDA protocols and policies
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to lead, manage, and motivate periods of change and disruption
• Effective time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to counsel and discipline in a positive manner
• Must communicate clearly and concisely (both written and orally) with colleagues at all levels
• Active learning, listening and critical thinking skills to find effective solutions
• Ability to foster a culture of continuous improvement
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS, FDX, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of FoodKick's Employees
Senior Vice President, Business Expansion
PJ oversees FoodKick and FreshDirect’s at the Office division. She also directs FreshDirect’s expansion into new businesses and geographic markets.
Back to top