Picker Packer - FoodKick - Brooklyn Facility
FoodKick, FreshDirect's new business extension is currently seeking a general laborer in the New York City area with a kitchen background who has experience working with knives.
The associate is responsible for picking and packing of product for customer orders in all departments.
The facility is located in Brooklyn near the G line.
Essential Functions :
- Processing (picking + scanning + packing)
- Transfer finished products and raw material around the plant and warehouse.
- Quality assurance of raw and finished materials
- Safe Food Practices specific to department
- Pick food products and pack in racks verifying items using UPC codes.
- Stack processed food products in totes and boxes.
- Scan labels on packages load totes and boxes and label packages with printed labels.
- Apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to everyday operation
- Spot check packages emerging from machinery for correct labeling.
- Assist in shut down procedures.
- Assist in housekeeping of the department
- Operate equipment during order picking process
- Move throughout the Fulfillment Center for the majority of the shift
- Ensure that the cart is scanned into computer system at the end of the picking process
- Maintain excellent safety, quality, cleanliness, and productivity standards within the distribution warehouse
- Breakdown and stock production shelves
- Pack products for customers for delivery
- Receives clear, detailed, and specific instructions and consults with Operations Manager and Teamleader on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities
Minimum Qualifications :
- Ability to clearly communicate in English is a must. Bilingual (English/ Spanish) a plus
- Experience working in a supermarket or warehouse a plus
- Experience working in the food industry a plus
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Must be able to start overnight or early morning hours (start times vary by department)
- Able to stand for long period of times
- Ability to perform twisting, turning and bending
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40lbs
- Comfortable and able to work a 8-12hr shift (hours per day are based on business need)
- Must be comfortable in warehouse/production environment
- Must have experience working in a kitchen or supermarket and experience working with knives
- Ability to meet production and accuracy standards in a fast-paced work environment.
- Basic reading and math skills
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work in climate from 32 to 38 degrees
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- Ability to apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, and products to the nuances of everyday operation
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Meet Some of FoodKick's Employees
Senior Vice President, Business Expansion
PJ oversees FoodKick and FreshDirect’s at the Office division. She also directs FreshDirect’s expansion into new businesses and geographic markets.
Back to top