Operations / Dispatch Supervisor - FoodKick
Who we are:
As a sister company to FreshDirect, FoodKick exists to help today's demanding food lovers live spontaneously, create moments, and discover new experiences. We help customers discover and enjoy just what they need every day - the freshest foods and goods curated just for them at the touch of a button.
We're looking for a positive, engaging, quick, and solutions-oriented leader and decision maker who is also responsible, self-driven, determined and strong decision maker. Sounds like you? Read on!
The Operations / Dispatch Supervisor is responsible for routing orders by time and zones. They are the gatekeepers to the facility and determine our capacity to how many customer orders we can take on a day to day basis. They oversee and manage the day to day activities of the outbound department, ensuring the highest level quality of service provided by our associates, while supporting the policies, goal, and objectives and following company safety standards.
- Ensuring that Company's on time delivery goals to customers are met by creating efficient and logical delivery routes
- Supervising & coordinating order fulfillment, processing and production requirements in a shift and resolve problems within span of control to the standards set by the company
- Assist in the identification of talent planning and ongoing development of associates that report the position
- Managing day to day tactical operations for area of responsibility
- Communicating with business partners, including outside vendors.
- Overseeing, delegate to and direct a growing staff and move people and resources as necessary to meet the needs of the business as business grows
- Managing attendance within the team, reassigning as necessary to fill gaps in the team
- Guiding, directing and motivating shift staff on quality, performance and safety targets to ensure ongoing performance, including employee issues, discipline and conflict resolution
- Aiding leadership in troubleshooting problems
- Support and participate in various company projects, initiatives and programs as needed including holding and participating in daily huddles and other communication programs
- Assist and participate in productivity / setting up production and staff scheduled in accordance to budget and / or business needs and ensure all breaks and lunches are taken as required.
- Identify means of improvements, suggest processes and their controls & documentation
- Monitors pick rates
- Creates reports and reports daily recaps
- Prioritizes delivery trips based on delivery times and destination distances
- Assist leadership with order fulfillment issues that are operations related
- Facilitate and monitor department setup and site opening and closing procedures
- Inspect and ensure follow through and compliance with: Food Safety, General Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs), Safety & Sanitation compliance and FoodKick Quality policies; as well as ensure that the work area is safe, clean and organized for all team members to work.
- Oversee usage and handling of all equipment used in department including safety, PM's and report all issues immediately
- Understand and work through customer complaints
- Receives clear, detailed and specific instructions and consults with the Operations Manager on all matters outside the scope of the daily responsibilities / activities
- Interacts with key business owners in support of business objectives
- Trains and assigns work to team members on a daily basis; is able to perform the same work as the group on a daily basis
- Interacts with the Fresh and Inventory Leaders
- Plans and carries out work assignments and handles problems in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices in the occupation. Consults with leader on unique situations which do not have clear precedents
- Resolves most conflicts which arise; coordinates work with others as necessary; interprets policy on own initiative in terms of established objectives. Keeps leader informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications
- Interacts with couriers, pickers and leads
- Trains, assigns work to, and checks work of team members; participates in the decision to hire, fire, and promote team members; does not conduct the same work as team members on a regular basis
- Three plus (3+) years' experience in a supervisory / management position in a delivery / routing position in E-commerce preferred.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and / or Holidays and be able to keep a flexible schedule during high volume production periods. Shifts can be 9 or day hours a day, 5 days a week.
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics preferred
- Ability to work in a cold environment
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Experience is Transportation and Logistics a plus
- Experience dispatching and / or routing
- A minimum of six (6) months experience working in a warehouse / manufacturing / food processing environment with previous supervisory experience
- Speak, write, read and interpret written information in English
- Basic math skills and detail oriented
- Able to work a flexible schedule / cover various shifts to include weekends (Saturday / Sunday)
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in support of a team
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Follow policies and procedures
- Ability to perform twisting, turning and bending
- Comfortable and able to work overtime based on business needs
- Must be comfortable on a warehouse / production environment
- Ability to meet production and accuracy standards in a fast paced work environment
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of site production processes, materials and production and sanitation techniques
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous work experience and education
- Proven ability to lead, train and develop a team
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous working knowledge or experience with specialized inventory, warehouse operations systems
- Understanding or experience with WMS, ERP or MPS preferred
- Food production, sanitation and food safety knowledge, HACCP a plus
- Approach other tactfully. Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of the position
- Accepts responsibility of own actions
- Uses time effectively in order to meet productivity standards and complete work in a timely manner
- Well organized and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work with the management to hold employees accountable for attendance, productivity accuracy and completion of their work
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job
Meet Some of FoodKick's Employees
Senior Vice President, Business Expansion
PJ oversees FoodKick and FreshDirect’s at the Office division. She also directs FreshDirect’s expansion into new businesses and geographic markets.
Back to top