Meat and Seafood Replenishment Analyst- Foodkick
Position Summary: The meat and seafood replenishment analyst is responsible for sourcing and keeping us in-stock on the best fresh food - produce, meat, seafood, deli, and/or fine cheese - as well as originating new ideas and relationships that will keep shoppers coming back.
We are a small, close-knit team that is working hard to make great food easier to get on a moment's notice. This job will work across 3 locations in Long Island City, NY; East Williamsburg, NY; and Manhattan.
Above all, the right candidate will be someone who:
1) Has a passion for food and is interested in learning A LOT about the fresh food business
2) Makes friends quickly and easily
3) Learns new systems just as quickly
4) Has tenacious follow-up and can keep track of a lot of things
5) Understands food and seasonality
If you are a go-getter who loves food and wants to change the way New Yorkers buy food, we'd love to hear from you!
• Set-up new items and maintain settings so they can purchased quickly and easily
• Create and modify purchase orders and stock transfer orders
• Seek out new and exciting products and create and negotiate price bids.
• Monitor and adjust selling prices based on overstocks, vendor specials, cost changes
• Communicate to internal customers on order status and ensure proper approval for all orders
• Adjust order volumes based on buy-in opportunities, vendor stock issues, seasonal fluctuations
• Validate vendor invoices to ensure correct purchasing price
• Follow up with vendors on product deliveries, out of stock issues, pricing issues
• Confirm products are received timely and accurately
• Plans and carries out work assignments and handles problems in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices in the occupation. Consults with Team leader on unique situations which do not have clear precedents.
• No supervisory responsibility but is responsible for managing a specific function
• One (1) year of experience in food or e-commerce
• Experienced with Microsoft products (Word, PowerPoint - VBA a plus)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
• Proven organizational and time management skills
• Enjoys operating in a fast-paced, team environment under time constraints
Back to top