Warehouse Professional-Selectors Electric Pallet Jack Experience
- New York, NY
Professional/ Warehouse Selectors/ Electric Pallet Jack Operators
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisors and Managers
Location: 355 Food Center Drive – Bronx ( Various Shifts Available)
Food Bank’s Food Distribution department is responsible for servicing our
agency partners throughout the five boroughs of New York City. Success in this
department involves Food Distribution’s ability to distribute good wholesome
food in a timely, efficient and caring manner. In joining, you will be a part
of a team whose goal is to serve the most vulnerable citizens of New York City
and assist in its mission to end hunger.
Primary Purpose of Job:
This position calls for a professional individual with warehouse experience looking for a career and opportunity to be a part of a team on a mission to end hunger. Performing daily warehouse operation duties up to and including selection, shipping, receiving, inventory cycle counts, cleaning and other operational duties.
Your key responsibilities:
o Ensure a professional code of conduct at all times.
o Follow all organizational and safety policies and procedures.
o Accurately select (case pick) and stage product while maintaining our selection productivity requirement.
o Help maintain a clean and safe working environment.
o Load and unload inbound and outbound trailers/trucks. Ensure proper stacking of all products to minimize product damage.
o Maintain upkeep of assigned equipment. Ensure all equipment (Pallet jacks/scanners etc.) are in proper working order.
o Check for signs of contamination, expiration dates or other signs of unsafe storage
o Complete daily assigned tasks and paperwork given by management team.
o Demonstrate courtesy, respect, and politeness in all interactions with clients, colleagues, and guests.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING QUALIFICATIONS:
· High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
· Ability to safely operate electric (Rider) pallet jack. Forklift and Hilo experience is a plus.
· Knowledge of basic warehouse operations and food distribution.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
· Ability to work in a fast paced and diverse environment.
· Capable of properly lifting up to 75lbs.
· Steel toe boots required.
· The ability to work in a freezer environment. (Below 0 degrees)
· Basic reading, writing and math skills are required.
· Open to schedule change when necessary to fit the needs of the operation. (Flexible schedule required.)
· Possess strong communication skills and display professional conduct at all times.
· Ability to multitask and think on your feet.
· Commitment to Food Bank’s For New York City’s Mission.
Back to top