Warehouse Manager- Bronx Distribution Center
- New York, NY
Over the last month, the unprecedented impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has touched every one of us. We see the impact as our trucks drive near-empty streets making vital food deliveries. And we see it on the faces of families lining up at our soup kitchens and food pantries, many experiencing food insecurity for the first time. While we're hopeful that we'll soon see the curve flatten and fall, we're also working with our member charities, government officials, and our supporter network to best deal with the new vulnerabilities this pandemic has created and exposed in our city's hunger and poverty landscape.
At Food Bank For New York City, we've long said that responding to crisis is a team effort. In this uncertain time, we are especially proud to be part of such a special team of New Yorkers we call Food Bankers. Across all our operations, we've pivoted in response to this evolving challenge to ensure food from our warehouse becomes meals in the homes of the New Yorkers who need us. Looking to help make a difference in the lives of others? Come join us.
Food Bank For New York City is seeking a talented Warehouse Manager for the following:
Manage the effective, efficient, and safe operation of the Food Bank For New York City Warehouse. Ensure proper management and oversight of warehouse receiving, warehouse drivers, pest control, sanitation and recycling programs. Manage, develop and update all warehouse/food distribution statistics. Process invoices in the PO system as well as manage warehouse staff throughout the day. Warehouse Manager must have the ability to delegate, make decisions and properly lead warehouse staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the implementation of warehouse operating procedures while ensuring safe working environment in full compliance with Feeding America, AIB and OSHA guidelines;
• Responsible for all product distribution, product quality control, warehouse receiving and all supporting documentation;
• Ability to manage and communicate effectively with all Food Bank staff, Volunteers, Outside Donors, Vendors and Guests;
• Update, develop and manage warehouse reports, process invoices and selector tracking;
• Responsible for the daily opening and/or closing of the warehouse, receiving and dispatching outbound trucks and drivers;
• Responsible for pest control and sanitation while assuring other regulatory policies and guidelines are followed with required documentation completed;
• Oversee recycling program and sale of cardboard and pallets;
• Responsible for reviewing and documenting morning and evening temperature control of cooler, freezer and warehouse;
• Maintain selector productivity levels, develop and generate reports as needed;
• Assure First Expired Out (FEFO) inventory, internal dates and product codes are monitored for timely distribution;
• Maintain inventory of all warehouse equipment and vehicles, developing and implementing ongoing maintenance plan;
• Develop and maintain productivity levels;
• Assure delivery vehicles and trailers are clean and in good operating condition, maintain log of findings;
• The ability to work in a freezer environment. (Below 0 degrees)
• Flexible to schedule change (hours and/or days) when necessary to fit the needs of the operation;
• Other duties as assigned;
• Serve proudly as a Warehouse Operations Professional with the ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization
• Strong, demonstrated leadership competencies that have driven results in the areas of Cost, Quality, Service, Safety in Warehousing and Distribution Center environments
• Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume and sets a positive example for the shift team.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Skills in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
• Strong team player and leader with the ability to work and influence others across multiple functions and disciplines.
• Trained and certified to operate a hand pallet and electric forklift.
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
• Set and lead by example in a high energy team culture and environment.
• Associate Degree or extensive relevant experience;
• Strong management, supervisory, communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated skill at conflict resolution
• Minimum of 7 years' experience with warehouse/distribution management including 5 years as a supervisor;
• Strong MS Office skills
• Knowledge of warehouse bar coding and RF technology;
• Ability to:
-Prioritize and organize work, along with strong follow-up, problem solving and sound decision making skills
-Effectively communicate in both verbal and written forms with customers, employees, peers and management, Ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written forms with customers, employees, peers and management
-Work independently and as member of a team
• Flexibility to operate, and self-driven to excel, in a fast-paced environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to pass ServSafe Food Handler Guide for Food Banking within 3 months of starting in position.
• Demonstrated commitment to Food Bank's core values
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous process improvement
Back to top