Title: Community Kitchen Dishwasher
Department: West Harlem Community Kitchen
Reports to: Culinary Manager
Location: Community Kitchen and Food Pantry of West Harlem
Primary purpose of job:
The Community Kitchen Dishwasher provides Food Bank's Community Kitchen with basic daily support services needed to ensure a safe and sanitary working environment for the preparation and service meals for up to 1000 community residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In this position, the Dishwasher helps to set the stage for success in our Community Kitchen. Our Dishwashers will assist the Culinary Team in maintaining a clean and safe kitchen environment.
Strong candidates must be ready to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment, while always keeping Food Bank For New York City's high standards of quality, cleanliness, and efficiency in mind. This position requires physical endurance, as well as a determination in order to meet the standards of the and ensure guest satisfaction.
Work in a team-oriented, high-volume, fast-paced, guest-centric environment to provide by:
- Cleaning dishes, silverware, glassware, utensils, pots and pans, etc.
- Maintaining sparkling clean restrooms and grounds
- Stocking and restocking supplies for culinary team
- Comply with all sanitation, health, cleaning and housekeeping procedures to health code standards;
- Maintain sanitary conditions in the kitchen at all times, including bathrooms and garbage room;
- Arrange dishes to dry appropriately and place clean and dry dishes, utensils and cooking equipment in storage area
- Wipe clean garbage cans and lid and remove garbage to designated area.
- Assist with moving the garbage to the curbside for pickup.
- Receive trucks and unload merchandise as needed;
- Perform basic support duties such as product storage, FIFO, and inventory;
- Maintain weekly temperature logs, cleaning logs for the bathroom and inventory of cleaning supplies;
- Sweep, scrub and mop bathrooms, wipe down bowls and sink, and refill dispenser;
- Reset dining room daily after DFTA Senior program is completed;
- Each evening, assist with cleaning the kettles, steamer, stoves and ovens.
- After the evening meals, assist with breaking down the dining room by moving tables and chairs aside allowing for sweeping and mopping of the dining room;
- Perform other Sanitation or Food Production task that may be assigned by Manager;
- Cross-train for other positions within the Community Kitchen.
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus 2 years custodian/dishwasher training and/or experience;
- Team player with excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Ability to maintain a schedule
- Ability to lift boxes averaging 30-50 lbs, e.g., boxes, equipment or supplies;
- Attend ServSafe training to expand understanding of DOH sanitary and food safety standard;
- Commitment to Mission and Values of Food Bank For New York City