- Flexible / Remote
In this time of national reckoning, we at Food52 are having hard conversations about our role in a food media landscape that overlooks marginalized voices. We're committed to building a community that values and honors the contributions of the Black, Indigenous, and POC communities to our shared culinary experience—starting with the Food52 family. You can read about our support of the Black Lives Matter movement here.
As part of an ongoing initiative, we are focusing our efforts to put diversity, equity, and inclusion at the center of our hiring process and our company culture—and build a team that better reflects our desire for equal representation in everything we do. Our goal is systemic change at Food52.
Food52 is an award-winning innovator in the kitchen and home space, using a unique commerce, content, and community business model to reach a community of over 24 million cooks and home enthusiasts. We’re passionate about giving our deeply engaged audience everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
Our UX Designer will be instrumental in helping to shape the commerce and content experiences at Food52. Reporting to the VP of Design & UX, you will execute innovative, data-driven UX designs that help push our digital presence forward by creating world-class user experiences across every facet of the site. You are a strategic, original thinker with a passion for keeping up with the latest interaction trends, but you also understand the hallmarks of a solid UX foundation centered around best practices and prioritizing usability above all else. Working closely with the product and engineering functions, you’ll help evangelize an empathy-driven, user-first mentality across the company that both elevates our level of product design and also works to achieve our larger company goals. You’ll be a critical part of bringing our content, shop, and brand vision to life by creating meaningful experiences for our users across multiple platforms and channels.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Design & UX to help lead the UX process from concept to completion for all major user-facing products launched for the brand.
- Coordinate and execute key points in the design research phase including facilitating user surveys and interviews, working with the data team to utilize analytics, and conducting thorough competitive audits to help inform initial UX concepts and directions.
- Create thoughtful sketches, comprehensive wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes to present to key stakeholders throughout the product development process.
- Take the lead on usability testing to help inform and iterate on user flows and interactions.
- Take ownership over establishing and maintaining a consistent, coherent user experience over all of our product offerings.
- Collaborate with fellow designers, engineers, and product managers to encourage continuous dialogue, ensure seamless handoffs, and work as a team to launch the best products possible.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience, specializing in UX design, ideally at an e-commerce, technology, media, or lifestyle company
- An exceptional portfolio showing smart, thoughtful design work through wireframes, sketches, and user flows
- Experience working with user research and usability testing, and using learnings to influence strategic, data-informed UX designs
- Comfortable with the tenets of good visual design, with a solid sense of typography, color theory, and grid systems
- Expertise with standard design tools such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Experience with prototyping tools such as InVision and Figma (or others) is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefit options (including some that are free for you!), flexible spending account, and any-time access to professional mental health advice
- Annual bonus plan
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Free life and AD&D insurance
- Unlimited vacation days (including two company-wide weeks off for Summer Week & Winter Week!)
- Discounted gym memberships and a free Citibike membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefit plan
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- So many snacks!
Back to top