About The Company
FolioDynamix is a leading-edge wealth management software solutions provider serving some of the country's largest financial services firms in the country. In conjunction with our innovative wealth management platform and applications, we also provide investment research and consulting services through our registered investment advisor subsidiary.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Accountant in our Sacramento, CA location. The successful candidate will work with our accounting and executive teams under the umbrella of our publicly traded parent company to process and analyze financial data. In addition, you will have direct influence on the effectiveness of our company-wide internal control infrastructure. You will also work closely with the VP of Finance to analyze customer data and to ensure proper adherence to customer contracts. The successful candidate will be responsible for month end close procedures, and have the opportunity to work on a broad spectrum of tasks ranging from implementing new processes to conducting analysis that drives continued efficiency.
You should be proactive, reliable, and excel at balancing multiple responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct month-end and quarter-end GL close procedures, including preparing/ reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations, in addition to assisting with the financial reporting process
- Evaluate financial transactions to determine appropriate accounting treatment and adherence to internal policies and controls
- Prepare original work and create detailed spreadsheets at an intermediate level
- Able to review vendor and customer transactions for accuracy and adherence to contracts
- Work closely with the VP of Finance to ensure proper financial statement presentation
- Monitor and track compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act for certain financial and IT processes
- Recommend and implement process improvements to streamline timeliness and accuracy of new and recurring work while facilitating management's review of financial data
- Assist with special projects to support financial management team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 7+ years' progressive accounting work experience
- CPA designation, or CPA candidate, with 3 to 5 years public accounting audit experience
- Excellent time management and follow-through skills, ability to work under tight deadlines
- Highly proficient user of accounting software applications and MS Excel (lookups, pivot tables)
- Acute attention to detail and confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to be scalable and adaptable
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to read and interpret contractual arrangements
OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Working knowledge of Great Plains accounting software
- Experience in software development or financial services industry
- Public company and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance experience
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should send a COVER LETTER and RESUME and please put "Senior Accountant" in the subject line.
Meet Some of FolioDynamix's Employees
Senior Manager, Adoption & Growth
Michelle aims to grow user adoption of the platform by contributing to the feature development process. Then she helps clients drive business and create strategies to streamline operations.
Back to top